Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Edmonton area reports?

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by WK2HNT, Sep 29, 2015.

1. WK2HNT

WK2HNT Senior Refuge Member

Any reports from Edmonton/central Alberta area? Headed up in a couple of weeks for the first time and just wanting a report.

2. Sprig Hunter

Sprig Hunter Senior Refuge Member

Got back yesterday. Hunted a couple of hours East of Edmonton. Lots of ducks, mainly mallards with a quite a few pintails. Lots of Canadas, mostly lessers but we did get a few big ones and one cackler. Not as many specs as I had hoped but did get into them pretty good one day and not a lot of snows. Still fairly warm but we did get a good frost Saturday night that thankfully killed a lot of mosquitos.
    Good luck. Hope you have a great hunt.

3. Greg000

Greg000 New Member

Few days ago back from Edmonton. I was with few fellows. A lot of mosquitoes. I tested my new rifle scope . Well I had a good catch. 6 ducks and 3 pintails. My wife was satisfied.

4. WK2HNT

WK2HNT Senior Refuge Member

Thanks for the replies. I have been hearing spec hunting is going strong, ducks and snows o k, but waiting on more from the north. Hope they make it there in the next 12 or 14 days.

5. Ontario Gunner

Ontario Gunner Elite Refuge Member

I'll be done helping out an outfitter this coming Wednesday.. Send me a pm AFTER Wednesday and I'll point you towards what has been good for us for the last month. Lots of specs, good ducks in pockets hangers getting better by the day and snows have shown up.

Or are you going freelance or with an outfitter? If so what outfitter....