Education Purpose: Nice Good Thread Please

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by mlhunter, Jan 10, 2006.

1. BIG BANG

BIG BANG Elite Refuge Member

I would rather see that than 4 Punks driving around in a ford sport trac and being black hoodies:amen

2. Cluckme

Cluckme Senior Refuge Member

I completely agree with what your saying! Alot of waterfowl companies push product to try and get the "popular" hunters vote! There "popular" hunters are the kids like you mentioned who have more duck and goose stickers on their trucks than they have shot all year, or the DU sticker in the corner so everyone knows they are a big hunter. wear their drake quarter zips with a max-4 hat, but most importantly it is drake and only drake! They HAVE to shoot a patternmaster! But it is hard for them to shoot black cloud at the same time!

However- it really doesnt matter how popular the hunters are, or how popular they are trying to be.....it is all about how much of their money they are spending on trying to be that popular! Zink got his money from those 4 hoodies, and Avery got their money on the 48 full bodies, and we all get the enjoyment of watching "the real deals" get burried in mud while they think they can drive that sport track though a muddy chisel plow!

regardless of who is buying the products, or what they look like, it all comes down to the fact that people are buying!

3. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Elite Refuge Member

Wow! Who ****ed in your canadian cheerios!!!??? I mean this in all seriousness-

Did Bigfoots quit working in Saskkatchewan before GHG came out? Was there a period of time prior to 2003 when you guys couldn't kill geese up over Bigfoots?

I guess we got lucky the three trips we have been to to Sask. Thank god those 400 honkers we shot weren't looking for flocked heads or motion cones....

4. Fanatic

Fanatic Elite Refuge Member

Somedays I'd love to invite ya over for whiskeys and good conversation, other days, I love nothing more than 5 minutes with the gloves off. This has nothing to do with hunting up here in Canada yet you always find a way to use that to your advantage when disagreeing with a post of mine. BF's work up here just fine. Its like you have this dying devotion to support them no matter what the arguement. I am not saying in any way they don't work. They are a great deke and set the standards as far as I'm concerned. And believe me I am not preaching GHG, I am simply saying thank GOD they (as well as others) stepped in as it drove improvement in the marketplace. Let me say this in a different way. I absolutely can not bleepedity bleep bleep stand companys that sit idle because they know they have the marketplace eating out of their palms. Nothing to do with BF's being ineffective. You always use them in your posts as "if people can't kill geese over BF's then they must be bad hunters." Well marvelous, but then why must we use BF's as the example. You don't need dsd's or dz's to kill geese folks, all you should need are BF's you say. Why not go a step below them and lets use carrylites or some other brand. You have chosen to use them as your main decoy of choice and thats great but we all sure as you know what don't have to like them. Anyways I'm certainly not trying to be an arsehole. I'm wasn't referring them to being an ineffective decoy when I typed the above post. I was simply saying I find it disgustingly pathetic when companies think they no longer have to improve on things simply because they hold the substantial marketshare. I certainly did not mean to bring out your ugly side by feeling the need to type remarks like those 400 honkers you shot weren't looking for flocked heads and motion cones. We all know that kind of bs isn't necessary and believe me when I say the purpose of my post wasn't to suggest GHG are better decoys than BF's. And considering my canadian cheerios are the same cheerios you're eatin down there I'm pretty certain you didn't have to include that little comment did ya. The truth of the matter is Brent, you are about the most miserable dude on here half the time. Personally, I've always enjoyed it. Why, I guess because I too am a miserable SOB and half the stuff I read on here makes me want to puke in my mouth. I'll try to keep my BF "not trying too hard to lead the way in innovation remarks" to myself. Hopefully thats fair.

5. Fanatic

This I agree with. One of the main reasons I couldn't stand ps'ing with them in the end was because of basically this. You get guys ps'ing with them that walk around writing articles for magazines and telling others how to hunt that have been on 5 goose hunts in 3 years. And I'm not kidding, if I am off on the number, not by much believe me. You what I think of that? I think of that in the exact same way I think of companies unwilling to make improvements in their products because they have consumers by the gonads, I think its Paaathetic. 1 or 2 goose hunts a season for 3 years straight. Excuse me I gotta go vomit now!!!

6. BIG BANG

BIG BANG Elite Refuge Member

Gee a company(any company) trying to market their product so people buy it. Do you really think MOST manufacturing businesses care who buys their product? Not in this day and age!

7. Fanatic

By the way, if I got your name wrong and its Brett instead, my apologies

8. Lujack

Lujack Elite Refuge Member

Fanatic, don't let BBW get under your skin. Brett is a nice guy, a good goose hunter, and a very whitty fellow to say the least. It would be much more fun sharing some whiskey with him than a few rounds of boxing. He just shares the same Canada experiences that many of us had. A lot of us have had the easiest goose hunts we have ever had in our lives north of our border. We can become complacent and think that it is always a piece of cake hunting in Canada. We all know in reality that you guys don't get your 8 dark goose limits every day. I'll admit it, I have shot less than a full limit of geese in Canada more than once. I must admit I'm still pretty happy with three or four in a morning.

9. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Elite Refuge Member

I was half way just busting your balls. I was serious about if you saw a decline in the effectiveness of Bigfoots. I know most americans coming up your way probably used them and wondered if you saw any decline in performance?

Personally I think geese are getting tougher all over and if this year pans out anything like last year I will be making some changes. I am not really into the wack'em and stack'em numbers game but sometimes sunrises, a good dog, or coffee with your buddies doesn't cut it for me.

10. Full Force Five

Full Force Five Elite Refuge Member

It think it depends on the year. Last year was terrible for whatever reason: warm fall . . . then too much snow, poor goose hatch, or more hunters. But two years ago was great. I'm hopeful for this year, I think the goose hatch is going to be awesome. It just really depends on the weather at this point.

Are geese getting tougher from when I started goose hunting 20 plus years ago. I think so. Back then 4 dozen G&H mag shells were all you need.

I plan on making a few changes from last year, I'll see if it makes a difference. There are so many variable with goose hunting that every day is different and every year is different.