Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Eider Hunt

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by bjakerley, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Ian

Ian Elite Refuge Member

Glad you boys got into them, really really glad! Only wish staying longer would have been in the cards, but we all know how hunting works...

Most of the pics I took where with Darrell's camaera, but I did take a few of some of my newer dekes and one of woodrow for the girls screensavers.. you know, the ones to avoid!

Very best,

Ian

Attached Files:

2. bjakerley

bjakerley New Member

Went down to At. Andrews for the hunt, Met with Havenhunter and some more from the site, had a very nice time, this was a very tired old man on Sunday, again THANKYOU all very much.

3. pointer

pointer Elite Refuge Member

Thank you to Haven Hunter for all the co-ordination for this hunt! :tu

Had a great day Saturday with bjakerly and mbrentgo, first time in a Black Brant - awesome boat! Saw more ducks in one afternoon on the salt water than all season over fresh. We put up a flock of Eiders on the return trip to the launch that was HUGE!

Thanks bjakerly for your hospitality aboard your rig.

Thanks Mike for getting a few "newbies" set up.

Sorry to have missed you Ian, I look forward to meeting you, and thank you for your silouettes.

Looking forward to seeing Woodrows pics!

pointer.

4. Eider Earl

Eider Earl Senior Refuge Member

Good to hear you guys had a great hunt. Sorry that I didnt get a chance to take part, but other committments took my priority.
    Looks like a few more have moved over to the black and white side!!!

Great job Brian!! :tu

5. Acosi151

Acosi151 New Member

Hey guys,

Sounds like it was an awesome hunt! I got tied up and didn't make it down.

Still big thanks to havenhunter for being the most accomodating guy ever!

I'll be there next time!

6. woodrow

woodrow Senior Refuge Member

Hey boys just got home,I'll try to post the pics asap just got a little trip at work to take care of first.Man what an awsome hunt BIG thanks to Brian and Ian ,not many guys would work their arse off tryin to get a complete stranger a shot at a bird ,especially when he can't hit them.Ian sorry you missed Sat that is the hunt I will talk about till I die which may be anyday after my diet for the last week.With the exception of Brians home cooked meal.Hunted with a bunch of guys and the best part was all great guys easy to get along with, just wanted to kill a few birds and pints. I thought geese were tough but they got nothing on Eiders,those birds are the toughest thing flying and probably the prettiest.The only sour note on my part was I think we are gonna have to send a few straight dogs out their if you guys ever want to breed those lesbian retrievers you hunt with,the real scary part was I think Brian J was getting excited,thought he might poke a hole in his waders ;) .

7. havenhunter

havenhunter Elite Refuge Member

A shot of a handsom guy with some nice drake eiders :no The other is a pic of my little toller draging an eider ashore. The bird is about half her size :eek:

8. Eider Earl

Eider Earl Senior Refuge Member

A run trough photoshop and we can make that last pic bearable to look at!!!! :dv

Great to see the White guys!!! :tu

9. Urikaman

Urikaman Senior Refuge Member

Love those drake eiders :tu