Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

El Paso, IL

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by Jswamp1, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Jswamp1

Jswamp1 New Member

I came into some land between Evergreen Lake and the Macinaw river. have never been on property, just curious if the area is known for geese and ducks. Will be checking out farm in a few weeks just wanting some general info on the area.

2. Illini Coot Killr

Illini Coot Killr Senior Refuge Member

Cut my teeth squirrel, upland and deer hunting in the Mackinaw river bottoms in that area with my Granfather and uncles as a kid .Lots of great memories. Depending on the farm you might be able to shoot a few geese, woodies along the creeks.

3. Jswamp1

Jswamp1 New Member

Thanks for the input - hunted deer on part of it when I was a kid and know the deer hunting used to be good - just was not into the waterfowl then and never paudnot much attention

4. dvegas

dvegas Senior Refuge Member

In my times thru El Paso there isn’t much in the area. Maybe a few local honks in the ponds along the interstate but not much.

riverrat47 likes this.
  5. DANNY NEWELL

DANNY NEWELL Elite Refuge Member

That about sums up what I have seen in that area.

Danny

riverrat47 likes this.
  6. Jswamp1

Jswamp1 New Member

Thanks for the info. Used to deer hunt , shot pheasant and quail, and lots of rabbits. Was never into waterfowl hunting back then - was truly hoping it was better for waterfowl being so close to evergreen lake and river - but no matter totally unexpected life changing opportunity with plenty of critters for my boys to chase