Eliminating a skunk... without getting sprayed

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunters Forum' started by WoodieSC, Apr 1, 2005.

1. ohiodrake

ohiodrake Refuge Member

WoodieSC - Let me know what method you use and how well it works :) I have a similar situation at my home. I've seen two that have been using my property as a highway. I can't discharge a firearm in my area, so I've been thinking about running an arrow through them. After reading this, that might not be the best way. Two years ago I let my Golden out to do his business when he bolted around the corner of the house. I followed since he normally has a leisurely stroll before he finds the right spot. As I rounded the corner he already had the skunk in his mouth shaking it. I yelled for him to drop it, which he did (read - bad move). When he dropped it the skunk lifted and sprayed right in his face/chest. Man that stuff stinks. Many tomato / vinegar and baking soda baths later..... For about a year whenever he would get wet I could still smell skunk.

2. Dogface

Dogface Senior Refuge Member

We have a few around the house. I hate to shoot them every once in awhile we get one that has to go.

I shoot them in the head and they all leak. Even a little bit of that stuff is bad. I have never shot one in the lungs.

3. beachbummer

beachbummer Elite Refuge Member

the either trick works great but we found a kicker for this after u spray a couple of cans in the trap (you know ya got enough n there when the either starts to expand the bag) you seal the hole with a fire cracker inserting it just about all the way n and then light a fuse u have tied to the fire cracker so you can get away and then you light the fuse and run!!!! when the firecracker goes off no more skunk he is taken care of not enough left to bury