Emotional support squirrel

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by newduk, Oct 11, 2018.

1. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

I often think the same about "sexual re-assignment surgery".
    People who've never been taught to "deal with it" and move on with life.

2. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

I posted a thread earlier this year about a deaf couple bringing a Great Dane support dog on the plane, with a fight breaking out between the deaf couple and a passenger...

https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.com/2018/05/19/frontier-airlines-pregnant-woman-attack/

Although the media seemed to champion the deaf couple, I think (from what I know) I would have sided with the passenger.

What in the world makes someone think that they can take a Great Dane on a crowded airplane? I have taken a few flights this year, and I cannot even imagine the commotion and inconvenience that such an animal would cause on a crowded plane.

My response would be, that if you cannot fly without your Great Dane, then either you need to pay for a private flight, or find another means of transportation.... Same with your squirrel, turkey, or duck....

3. Squaller

In general, I would agree...

There are plenty of parents that are complete failures... Having worked with kids that were physically and sexually abused, they will likely never be able to cope normally without help...

I understand that support animals can be extremely beneficial to PTSD patients (such as military) and other patients undergoing physical or emotional stress…. I would argue however, that for every person that truly benefits from such (a support animal) that there are 20 people with such animals that would benefit from learning to deal with life without them.

My argument would not be that such animals are not helpful to some people... My argument would be that if you "require" such an animal, you should expect to be limited in certain activities... Such as flying on a crowded plane.

The sense of entitlement has far surpassed healthy levels in this country... It is concerning....

4. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

My response would be, that if you cannot fly without your Great Dane, then either you need to pay for a private flight, or find another means of transportation.... Same with your squirrel, turkey, or duck....[/QUOTE]

Marc, seriously, a duck? You've gone to dang far right there. I would not find it one bit unusual for a duck hunter to have an emotional support duck. No sir, not one bit.

Squaller and stevena198301 like this.
  5. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

:l I challenge you to bring back to good health, the first crip you shoot this year, and keep it as an emotional support duck.

GUNNERX2 and Squaller like this.
  6. Squaller

That is a whole different "ball-game."

Personally I find the public acceptance of such (and the public demand for the acceptance of such) far more concerning than the actual issue of the few individuals suffering through such.

It has historically been considered a mental disorder, until it was not politically correct to do so, and re-categorized. What happens when it is not politically correct to categorize a sociopath as such? Should we be required to believe the claims of voices in the heads of schizophrenics?

And, I believe it is no longer "sexual re-assignment" surgery... It is "gender affirmation" surgery.... (Once again demonstrating the public acceptance of such)

7. waterswatter

waterswatter Elite Refuge Member

I can remember sitting on a tractor 25 or 30 years ago, listening to the ADA debate on the radio. I figured that silliness like this squirrel deal might eventually find its' way to the top, kind of like giving a weed an inch and it takes a yard. I have no idea how to bring common sense (mine of course) back.

ducknwork likes this.
  8. riceducker

riceducker Senior Refuge Member

A good "Squirrel Melts" recipe:

9. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

Damn. I like squirrel just fine, but those look nasty.
    Nuts, meat, mayo and cheese on some kind of untoasted english muffin?

10. The Mad Duck

The Mad Duck Elite Refuge Member

An emotional support squirrel?...What is she...NUTS? :dv:dv:dv

The_Duck_Master likes this.