Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

End of a Windsock era!

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by G.B. Jack, May 2, 2006.

1. ringnek

ringnek Senior Refuge Member

Jedjr,
    You are right and I am wrong. :eek: Sorry. If you got to know me you would realize I'm not all that sharp.:eek: Post edited. Looks like I took the hook!!!

2. h2ofwlr

h2ofwlr Elite Refuge Member

Bump

3. Hawk III

Hawk III Senior Refuge Member

this was a great topic to go back and read (except for some of the bs that a so called poster posted :p) after personally hunting with T&T for 3 days i can honestly say it is the most unbelieveable thing to experience. from almost 2 years ago when people were talking about their success...i can say it's the decoys and the way they are setup, the location and the ecallers. they are great guys and i wish them continued success!!!!

4. Slowmo

Slowmo Senior Refuge Member

Great BUMP!!! The verdict is in. Socks are the king! We've tried large numbers of fullbodies, and cannot consistently do well unless we add those pesky socks to the spread for numbers and movement. Thank God!! I'm tired of lugging those FB's around.

5. MCMANN

MCMANN Senior Refuge Member

been hunting snows for awhile now big spreads of socks will out do a small spread of FBs day in day out .....

ive hunted fbs on the x works great till the birds that were coming to that field stops coming then you are done thats when you need the big spreads of socks to bring in the big flocks of flight birds..

some will disagree thats fine thats why we all have opinions...i hunt snows 2.5 months every year every day and thats what ive seen in my years chasing them dam white devils

mike

6. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

Might be true but head to head same numbers FB's win.

7. Slowmo

Slowmo Senior Refuge Member

I agree that FB's win head to head, but not by the margin we once thought. My opinion is that I can put out and pick up 4 to 5 SS to one FB for the same price and same amount of time.

800 to 1000 SS will crush 200 FB's. I don't think any one will argue about that.

I'll still have my 30 to 40 FB's on the downwind side though.