End of HTs for This Year -- Now on to Hunting

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by Doc E, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Doc E

Doc E Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

We ran our last HRC Hunt Test for this year today, and it's been a pretty good year.
    My wife's dog (9 year old) Tucker ended the season with 1270 HRCH points on his quest toward 1500.
    My pup (3 year old) Weezle ended the season with 250 HRCH points, which means he is half-way to his 500.
    Now the boys will be even happier since we will be going hunting every weekend for the next 5 months.

2. teul2

teul2 Senior Refuge Member

We are just beginning our HRC points quest. AKC too for that matter. My 1yo chessie is just now at 20 points (SHR and one seasoned pass) in HRC and one pass in AKC. We have two more AKC tests to run before we get cranked up for ducks. We hope end the test season with SHR and JR titles and both a seasoned and Sr pass.
    Hope to get my handler game up to par with a duck season under our belt. I got so nervous Sunday at the test this weekend, I tried to skip the blind on the water test and then the diversion bird on the land. Luckily the judges were amused by my excitement and the fact my dog was better on the line than I was and we passed.