end of the season

Discussion in 'Arizona Flyway Forum' started by socalducks, Jan 26, 2014.

1. socalducks

socalducks Senior Refuge Member

now that the season is over i figure some people might come out of their closets and shed a little light as to how their seasons went. my season was great, not tons of birds but we were on the "x" a couple times. my 2 year old lab figured it out a little, and i figured him out a little. Final bird count for me and the guys i hunt with was 112. Not bad but not the best either. Best hunt I had of the year was spent with my 6 year old son on the colorado river. We didn't kill a bird but he learned what sandhill cranes are and how fun it is to wake up early and eat snicker bars for breakfast. I hope everyone had a fun and memorable season as well

2. desertdweller

desertdweller New Member

That's good stuff socal. The SWDC (SouthWest Duck Club) had a great year despite the bad weather the last couple months. Lots of limits!

3. jdavis92

jdavis92 Elite Refuge Member

33 ducks total. Went out just about every Saturday morning and even some Tuesday afternoons.

29 of them were up here in Flagstaff before December even hit. Mostly GWT. It made for some fun shooting and lots of retrieves for the dog. Even got my first limit ever.

The river, which is usually good when things freeze up in FLG, was TERRIBLE. There seemed to be a lot of birds in the area, but it was way to warm and there are lots of privately owned ponds and fields for them hang out on. There was little to no weather to drive em to the river.

Now I just have to wait for my other season...baseball...to start. Until then I don't know what I'm gonna do.

4. DesertWings

DesertWings Elite Refuge Member

I concider this past season as great...Many limits of both ducks and geese, 3 bands collected, meeting many new friends, and hunting with some fabulous people...

5. socalducks

socalducks Senior Refuge Member

where is that club?

6. desertdweller

desertdweller New Member

The SWDC is a small club I formed with some long time hunting partners. We don't have a specific location. We hunt almost exclusively public lands around the state of Arizona.

7. Arizona

Arizona Senior Refuge Member

Glad to read this Dan.
    I've been busy rocking the Country Music, but I got out twice this year. Couple of ducks and a limit of honkers. It's all good!

8. DesertWings

DesertWings Elite Refuge Member

Thanks Jeff...wished I could have contacted you when I came over for a sea duck hunt with Ruben...what a blast! Never ate so much lobster and seafood in my life.

9. AZDUCKMAN

AZDUCKMAN Refuge Member

Southwest duck club have facebook page or website???

10. desertdweller

desertdweller New Member

@ AZDUCKMEN No website or facebook page.