end of the season

Discussion in 'Arizona Flyway Forum' started by socalducks, Jan 26, 2014.

1. desertdweller

desertdweller New Member

#SWDC 2013/14 pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. desertdweller

desertdweller New Member

#SWDC 2013/14 pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. CORONA 1

CORONA 1 Senior Refuge Member

let me know if you know somebody, that needs another one of those stealth1200's. i have one with the extra seat and motor mount for sale for $650. im in parker az all the time.

4. migr82az

migr82az Refuge Member

Fantastic pictures, desertdweller! Sounds like you guys did great this year!

My outboard took a crap recently so spring crappie season ended early and the webfoot withdrawals are setting in early now too. I decided to duck dream vicariously through the refuge forums here this week.

Overall the 2013-14 season was pretty good. I hunted weekends as much as possible shooting 96 personal birds and my first banded goose.

The counter read just over 200 retrieves for the dog who is 3 yo now and I can't wait to see him take to the water in October. We are really working on "back" this off season, as in go back farther. No, farther! It's my first lab and I enjoy the heck out of us teaching each other the training process.

I'm sure this story is getting old and most hunters experienced the same thing, but birds got stale quick on my public hunting grounds. Lots of guys shooting at birds out of range on their first pass, quacking at everything in sight, etc. The majority of my birds came from remote areas that were scouted hard.

Resizing to only 50kb seems impossible for some of them but hope you enjoy a few of the photos!

Attached Files:

5. migr82az

migr82az Refuge Member

More photos

Attached Files:

6. migr82az

migr82az Refuge Member

And 2 more

Attached Files:

7. DesertWings

DesertWings Elite Refuge Member

Nice pictures migr82az! and congrats on the banded goose...banded in Utah?

8. migr82az

migr82az Refuge Member

Thanks!!

Nope, right here in Maricopa County! Banded at Vista del Camino park in Scottsdale with a comment "Too young to fly" in 2009. She was a 5 year old bird that left the park and made her way to a rugged stretch of river. I thought it was cool that a park born bird still had enough wild in her to travel many miles and a long ways from that plentiful Scottsdale park bermuda!