Epic Run-ins with Our Wardens

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Gomer, Mar 4, 2014.

1. FWLTLK

FWLTLK Elite Refuge Member

Had some good conversations with Sam Castillo in the mountains of Butte County several years ago. Twenty years ago had several bad experiences with a state warden in eastern Siskiyou County. Also, two trips in a row to Lower K the same Fed warden watched us in the grain fields all day long, upon coming in went through everything we owned, trucks included. Never fired a shot on either occasion, and yet the warden was accusing us of hiding birds.

2. JOHN J. KING SR!

JOHN J. KING SR! New Member

Attention as of 05/07/2014, ERIK FLEET IS STILL A GAME WARDEN!!!!

I called san diego dfg office and was told he is still on active duty with the dfg.
    This game warden is the reason i and my kid will not in ca again. he orders armed civilians to detain hunters till he can arrive on scene. that is right i had wait for 40 minutes for Fleet to arrive. oh yeah i am also a disabled hunter and his local was armed with a handgun and i was unarmed leaning on my cane. i filed a citizens complaint and of course that was a big waste of time. The dfg was okay with armed civilians detaining lawful hunters! So now i just go to indian reservations and hunt with my indian friends. if the game wardens are gonna treat me and every other hunter with such disdain than why bother doing it legal anymore. let us face it the game wardens don't go on reservations they are scared of the indians!

3. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

No way in hell I ever do that.

4. Huntndogs

Huntndogs Senior Refuge Member

Sucks to hear Fleet is around....If the citizen that detained you did not sign a citizens arrest, you might have had a claim against him. Sounds like Fleet directed an unlawful detention and this citizen acted as his agent. I smell civil suit:scratch.

5. JuvieCoot

JuvieCoot Elite Refuge Member

Confirmed that Fleet is back at being a scumbag that puts a huge black eye on DFW (if being in bed with HSUS wasn't already enough). Wonder if DFW will ever abide by the judges order to give Josh Kettl the rack from his buck back??? Doubtful

NOW

6. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Multiple reports on Fleet's return. The dude must have somebody over a barrel.