Espn sucks

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by thatguy2, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

Nah, you're wrong again.

Mayfield is the jackass making choking gestures in the first quarter to the opponent's kicker. That's not swagger. That's not flashy, or even trollish. That's "superdoosh".
    That Georgia player after the game nailed it. He needs to be humbled, I just doubt he was. Reminded me of Cam after the loss.

2. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

Not saying he deserves the good guy award, don't think anyone will ever argue he's not a jackass. But he's a hell of an athlete, and he's interesting. Same reason there's a 30:30 about how bad people still hate Christian Laettner. People that just flap gums are almost laughable, but people that run their mouth and have the game to back it up the vast majority of the time REALLY get under people's skin. Arguably part of why I hate your savior/hero so much.

3. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Mayfield is the next Johnnie Football. As for Aaaaaaa-Ron he is a closes whiner that could have played in an era where QBS where treated like paper matte doves. He gets more flags tossed for defenders getting to close with a finger nail especially if it looks cracked and might scratch him.
    Talent yes but still a classless whiner.

4. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

Without a doubt it takes a certain edge to play QB at that high of a level. Most or all of the great ones have it. Mayfield likely slips in the draft and maybe he uses it as motivation, much like my "hero/savior" did to dominate the position, but I doubt it.

Rodgers is a generational talent, I don't see the same from Mayfield. But I've been wrong before. That's the beauty of it, even the people who get paid to figure this stuff out get it wrong more often than not.

5. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

Mayfield is gonna be one of those guys that can produce 30 mins of highlights a game if it all goes his way, but when down by 10 or more he falls apart. Totally different mindset and skill set playing from behind. Guys like Rodgers and Matt Stafford make their salary with comeback wins and upsets. Then you have guys like Cam Newton who feed purely off momentum and crowd noise, so when he plays good he starts playing SUPER good. Laughing, smiling, joking, and busting off 60 yard runs.

But make him play from behind or turn the ball over ? He turns into a baby back bum. * cough cough SUPER BOWL cough*.

Mayfield is a Newton, not a Rodgers or Stafford.

6. thatguy2

thatguy2 Senior Refuge Member

7. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

8. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

At least UCF won their conference.

9. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

At least.

10. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

I just read an article of why they are doing it. I guess I can somewhat understand. They are bringing up the reasoning of all the false national championships of years ago. One example they brought up was Bama’s NC in ‘73. Where the writers said they won the NC but then lost the sugar bowl to ND.

The coaches are getting hooked up though. They are all getting paid as if they won the NC.