Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

Evening folks!

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by jrothWA, Dec 29, 2011.

1. jrothWA

jrothWA Senior Refuge Member

Maybe offered a job in NE Alabama, what can I expect hunting wise?

Leave location until; offer is made and accepted.

Thanks.

JHR

2. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Not near what you are used to in WA. You got excellent deer and turkey hunting, average to poor waterfowling. Most guys that live up there got leases in Arkansas.

3. baileydog

baileydog Elite Refuge Member

The NE corner is probably the best of the state. However, we are not in a flyway at all. Gads and divers.

We get birds but not like what you are use to having. Average to poor is my rating. Drive to MS, or Ark to hunt.

4. 3.5 XTREMA

3.5 XTREMA Senior Refuge Member

XXX2.:reader

Not saying you want have the occassional good hunt in N. Bama, but for all the pressure I would rather go West even on public as you are at least fighting over more better quality ducks!:tu

5. Plainsman04

Plainsman04 Senior Refuge Member

Boy are you ever in for a shock. Lower your expectations is all I can say hunting wise. You'll get real familiar with the gadwall if you're not already! :yes

6. rrduckhnt

rrduckhnt Senior Refuge Member

If your into big game then this is the right place as long as your not into BIG deer. Most people from out west find it hard to believe that Alabama allows you to kill (2) deer per day (of which only 1 can be a buck or 2 does) from Oct. 15th to Jan. 31st thats 3 1/2 months. Gun season usually runs from 14th Nov. to Jan. 31st. While most states out west only have 7 to 10 day gun seasons with tags and high hunting license's. Here in Alabama a resident license cost around $25 bucks..Good Luck on your new job......