Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Every year something like this makes the news...

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by 870, Nov 13, 2017.

1. 870

870 Senior Refuge Member

2. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Indeed, that is sad. It happens on occasion down this way but not at that magnitude. Non residents that have too many birds to take home?

3. summesm

summesm New Member

So sad and makes me so angry. Whoever did this is not a hunter they are just killers. Chances are they will never figure out who did this .

4. 870

870 Senior Refuge Member

Not sure if we can it blame on non res,,,, though no doubt many who do not like non-resident hunters will try to do so to further their own agenda.

From other reports, it sounded like about a 4 man daily limit was breasted and then the rest were dumped. There has been no reference to whether wings had been taken with the breasts or not. My gut feeling in this case is it was group of guys,,, (possibly resident hunters),,, who just couldn't stop shooting on a day when the birds kept coming and coming. Obviously they felt nervous about travelling with that many birds over possession.

I highly doubt it would be outfitters, though they do have a reputation with authorities of widespread over-possessions. Just can't see an outfitter being that careless.

At any rate, whether it is resident or non resident, outfitter or freelancers,, the perps are poachers and their actions give all hunters a black eye in the social media court of public opinion.

GUNNERX2 likes this.
  5. Slick

Slick Senior Refuge Member

Not the 1st time and probably not the last. 10 yrs ago when I was in SK, the wardens found over 700 whole bodied ducks and geese in a land fill just west of Battleford.