Everybody is now talking gun control...anybody considering all of the mind altering drugs being

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Oct 2, 2017.

1. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

A Psychiatrists is a Medical Doctor who, after medical school, specializes in treating mental health issues. To become a Psychiatrists you must have a medical degree, post medical school training in psychotherapy, psychological theory, and psychotropic medication prescribing.

My point is that not just any Doctor can prescribe psychotropic drugs. So I don't buy in to the slippery slope argument of a Doctor w/ an anti-gun agenda is going to prescribe psychotropic drugs just to take away someones guns while they are medicated.

And what % of those who are prescribed psychotropic drugs own guns in the first place?

2. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

The issue is that so many docs can prescribe these meds with little to no training on them or the long term side affects. Time and time again we see this affect someone in a very negative way that is damaged for life. Friend committed suicide this past summer, was on a anti smoking cessation drug. No warning. His wife said they like so many others didn't read through the pages given them at the pharmacy. Human nature. Was on a plane coming back to Fargo a few years back when a guy flipped out losing it and had to be subdued by passengers. Again side affects of a drug he was given and had been taking for a few weeks. I did not know the guy but his behavior and actions where not threatening to others but the monster in his mind made him a threat to all of us. Dang good thing the cockpit was locked and fortified!

Followed that case closely as he was originally charged with terrorizing and attempt to hijack. Charges where later dropped and he was treated for the side affects.

I have no idea if this shooter was on any drugs had been, but this thread is an area where we all need to be thinking about. Some drugs are very low in side affects but that 1% or so can have a real affect on others who come in contact if the side affect is drastic causing a disconnect from reality!

3. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

Trump and congressional republicans kind of went the other way on your point Pin about guns and mental health issues. SHARE appears shelved for now and likely will be for some time.

4. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Ya might as well explain what that program is.

5. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

I wondered how long it was going to take for you or one of the other DNC shills to go that route!!! That issue was discussed in length and the fact was that many older people who don't have a living will require medical treatment and familes as I and others pointed out required a court order to allow such.

Uncle of mine went in with a chest ailment that turned into Pneumonia that caused delirium. He thought the hospital was burning down. Pulled a catheter out without deflating. Required him to be restrained. Took 4 days for that to subside, but the medical people where limited on treatments without anyone authorizing changes. I had to go into court to have that assigned to me. So troll somewhere else eel!!!

I will also point out that the theather shooter, Campus shooter and also the Sandy hook shooter where all people who the medical field knew where issues but where prohibited from reporting and the change to fix that was and remains blocked by the DEMS!!! So go slime up to them eel, leeches, have the slime factor all in common!

6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Y'all must be talking to eel... To me, it just looks like you're arguing with thin air.

widgeon likes this.
  7. hartfish

hartfish Elite Refuge Member

Really? Can you provide a link? I have a hard time believing Dems would block anything that makes it more difficult to obtain a gun.

Seems like you are doing your usual spinning and childish name-calling.

On the contrary, it looks like Dems have increased reporting people with mental health issues.

"Delivering on its promise to deliver "common sense" gun control, the Obama administration on Monday finalized a rule that enables health care providers to report the names of mentally ill patients to an FBI firearms background check system.
    The action was one of a series of steps that President Barack Obama had called for in January 2013 in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings to curb gun violence, but the rule was not published until today."
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/obama-gun-control-rule-mental-illness-217340

8. Greenhedges

Greenhedges Elite Refuge Member

9. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

What a nice lil underhanded lob you threw to your friend there! It was like a dad and son playing wiffle ball in the front yard.:clap

10. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member