Everybody is now talking gun control...anybody considering all of the mind altering drugs being

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Oct 2, 2017.

1. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

I'm surprised real conservatives here don't possibly know what SHARE is? One of the components is the silencer issue.

2. eel river

Quit crying Ron. It's gets very old. Was my comment correct or not? You can't deal with something that doesn't fit your agenda?

3. eel river

And the post doesn't articulate the point? You don't like his link?

4. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Be surprised if ya wish. SHARE as it relates to your thesis is unknown to me.

5. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Silencer? Don't you mean Suppressor. Which mostly reduces recoil due to it's additional weight added to the barrel while leaving muzzle blast at around 136db?

6. hartfish

hartfish Elite Refuge Member

As it stands, sportsmen are getting screwed because a politician decided to attach a rider (suppressors) to a bill only slightly related to suppressors

At one time, a bill to reduce the burden of buying a suppressor was under the appropriately-named Hearing Protection Act.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/367

The SHARE (Sportsmen's Heritage and Recreational Enhancement) Act was a stand-alone bill written to increase access, among other things. The Hearing Protection Act was added to the SHARE Act in hopes that it would pass easier. Now it looks like both are dead, thanks to politics.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/2406

7. double limit

double limit Elite Refuge Member

You might be a liberal
    if you believe it's impossible to round up 12 million illegal aliens, but totally doable to confiscate 300 million guns.

8. pintail2222

Isn't it ironic that a Suppressor would have made it harder for the mental nut job to fire his rifles from semi-automatic to automatic? Don't ya think? A little too ironic...and, yeah, I really do think....

It appears that the mental nut job in Las Vegas relied on the recoil to operate a "bump fire" stock. A suppressor would have lessened the recoil thus possibly not allowing the "bump fire" stock to fire fully automatic gunfire due to the lessened recoil...

9. pintail2222

And Circle Gets The Square!

10. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

No it was not! The area of concern is and has been those who are showing outward tendency to commit these acts. Grandpa in the hospital being treated for physical illness that triggered short term incapacitation are not the threat!

What is correct is Harry Reid blocking coming to the Senate floor legislation passed in the House that would have allowed for doctors to report to law enforcement those with mental deficiency. Schumer threatened filibuster of the same legislation wanting gun control not reporting claiming such laws would discourage people from seeking help because of stigma! So the Dems own blocking of any real mental health reporting to stop them from buying firearms! Maybe when in the rubber room reading those DNC emails telling you what to say, use some critical thinking!

There are no laws in place that would have prevented the Sandy hook or theater shooter or campus shooter from getting firearms. There has been REP passed in the House Legislation that would have. It has been stalled in the Senate by DEMS! I am a legal gun owner, I am of no threat to shoot up any place or person over voices in my head. Inablity to understand right from wrong any more than my neighbor is who is not a firearms owner other than for home protection. Yet there are people who are and your concerned about their rights but not mine!!! Sure seems like misplaced outrage!!!

Now do you want to try again eel!!!! You are not even giving anyone much of a challenge as of late. Meds not working???? Depression with Trump wearing on you that the Dems have nothing to impeach with?? That the Russian connection is like used toilet paper sitting in the bowl!