Everybody is now talking gun control...anybody considering all of the mind altering drugs being

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Oh and eel tell us with your swammy clairvoyant ability that I am wrong on the people of SD. Remember they sent others packing for the same reason!

2. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Would the issue be the gun or the mechanism? As explained to me - what the mental nut job in LasVegas was a mechanism that didn't make the semi-auto an auto. Just a more efficient semi-auto.

3. pintail2222

Oh no Ron. It's the NRA and their whopping huge $2,700 a year PAC money that they give to each congressman that controls congress... :no

LOL - it isn't the people of SD. :doh

4. pintail2222

LOL. Not even close. Where is psychiatric medication prescription or Psychiatrist mentioned? I don't believe family members or law enforcement officers have medical degrees that allow them to prescribe psychiatric medication unless they also graduated from medical school, specialized in treating mental health issues, studies psychological theory, and studies psychotropic medication prescribing.

"The process begins when a family member or law enforcement officer petitions the court for such an order. The person must support the request with a statement made under oath showing that the respondent poses a threat to themselves or others."

5. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

Calm down Ron, control yourself. I only posted related to the guys apparent comment. Can you get your conservatives in line out in that heck of the woods. We don't have this problem here in Indiana.

6. pintail2222

If you're a "mainstream conservative" why would you tell Ron to "get your conservatives in line"'?

Would they be "your" conservatives too if you are a "mainstream conservative"?

@Ron Gilmore - eel's gone done stepped on one of the land mines he laid, again.

Ron Gilmore likes this.
  7. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Pin in my years of managing businesses, dealing with people, lies are hard to manage. What always entertained me is those who lie to themselves, well that is not quite accurate. What I should have said is it is entertaining watching people parade around saying one thing or another but the sub conscious knows the truth! He cant keep the subconscious out of his writing!

pintail2222 likes this.
  8. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

I'm sorry, I guess I missed that you were exclusively referring to medication. I think I understand your intent, but like others I believe your faith in the psychiatric profession is misguided. I also believe the likelihood of what you desire pales in comparison to a more likely outcome of legislation similar to what was signed into law here. Regardless, they are both highly susceptible to abuse.

9. pintail2222

And honestly - my POV originally came from it being used to help decrease suicide among psychiatric drug users.

10. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

And one of the purported motives for Oregon's law is to reduce suicide as well. This from a state that has legalized physician assisted suicide??? As long as the government is in control of the process everything is A-OK here, I guess? You can't fix stupid.

Regardless, preventing someone from killing themselves is no justification for suspending the rights of others.

stevena198301 likes this.