Virginia Flyway Forum Sponsors

Everyone ready...

Discussion in 'Virginia Flyway Forum' started by Little Ruddy, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

I know a guy who set 150 ducks and 10 mojos this week, and didn't pull the trigger...

2. Duckrussml

Duckrussml Senior Refuge Member

It all depends on where I'm hunting and what I'm hunting that determines the size of my rig. Big Water big spreads for combo hunts. But my little backwater or small rivers hunts targeting Mallards, Woodys and Widgeon. I've use just a pair of Mallards. When small flocks are coming up these small rivers with their heads on a swivel looking for friends. All it take is a greeting call and a few contented hen quacks to get their landing gear down and wings cupped. I've harvested more ducks this way than any Big Water Hunts by far. I like big water hunts when everything else has frozen up. But prefer my little 1-2 man hunts in small tight places best!!! Kill to shot ratio is awesome too.

3. imaduckin up north

imaduckin up north Senior Refuge Member

I've attracted more ducks to Goose decoys then I have to duck decoys

4. RedDog

RedDog Elite Refuge Member

looking forward to a great season. Already shot more birds so far than all of last year. A lot of birds already down and more coming every week

5. Little Ruddy

Little Ruddy Elite Refuge Member

No doubt goose decoys have alot of draw power on ducks. Fine line on spinners, some Tumble in others shy away. Geese hate spinners as mentioned. Ten mojos would look like the State fair..all you need is a Ferris wheel and a book of tickets.

6. Little Ruddy

Little Ruddy Elite Refuge Member

Been seeing floaters on the road, boats with bushes, people working on blinds, Hunters calling for reports. Clear pandemonium going on, dogs and cats living together... Crazy!