excel problems or is it just me

Discussion in 'Mud Motors' started by ddwaterdog, May 3, 2012.

1. ddwaterdog

ddwaterdog New Member

Well was suppose to get my boat back today Excel was suppose to deliver to me they carried it 7 hrs south and was told they made a deal with the dealer to put my tires on trailer and mount my motor .And then was told gas poured out of my tank onto the floor and peeled the liner and paint and that it would have to go back to arkansas to be repaired .This is the 3rd time and i have not had a boat since the third week in jan.

2. Twoteal

Twoteal Senior Refuge Member

Wow, I was looking hard at ordering one of there bass boats from freewaysports center here in flint because I dont want to deal with tracker marine groups crap CS. I will be looking a little harder at xpress or G3

3. woffman

woffman Senior Refuge Member

Dear lord! File a complaint with the BBB and demand your money back. This is absolutely ridiculous!

4. Tom Ayers

Tom Ayers Senior Refuge Member

I would have to say that every boat manufacturer will have a problem now and then. No one wants to admit it but it happens. The thing is if it happens taking care of the problem promptly and correctly says a lot about how you do business and care about your customer. I recently had my first boat in twelve years come back. I can correct the problem but then the owner would have a new repaired boat. So I built him a complete new boat which he is happy with. It cost me all the profit from the sale and then some also putting me behind on other boats on order. But the buck stops with me and it was the right thing to do. I hope your able to resolve this soon so you can enjoy your boat. Good luck

Tom.

5. inspectorduck

inspectorduck Elite Refuge Member

An 8500 dollar hull ought to be able to go over niagra falls and keep on truckin! I had an excel about 3 hulls ago, thing was a tank and needed a 100 hp to keep up with the other 25's in the wma!

6. umahunter

umahunter Elite Refuge Member

good god man i hope you get something soon if i were you i would be like a powder keg about now:mad: thats freaking ridiculous try for your money back and hit up one of the custom boys for that kinda coin you can probably get a dam fine hull:tu exactly how you want where you want

7. Redhead78

Redhead78 Elite Refuge Member

Hmmmmm,

Perhaps somebody from MB read your post on the last page and made sure you got your part after 8 months of waiting.....Sometimes it pays to be the squeeky wheel. Unfortunately some companies require it :fp

8. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

It seems Excel has done their best to pound their name into a pile of crap, regardless of location or owner. :nutz Just do the guy RIGHT, geesh!:nutz

9. MJ

MJ Administrator Moderator Flyway Manager

I learned two things in this thread; I'm glad I didn't buy a motor from Mudbuddy, and I won't be buying an Excel hull.

10. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

Rick Dunn & Co. (Echo Calls) promotes the Excel Boat line. Perhaps, he should be apprised of such?