Exclusive Duck Clubs

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by RuddyDuks, May 10, 2003.

1. RuddyDuks

RuddyDuks Elite Refuge Member

I have heard that there are some exclusive duck clubs($$$) in the Sac. area. Wondering what one would look like and does anyone belong or have hunted one? Are there such places ?

2. RuddyDuks

Being a rat just curious if there are these clubs that have underground bunkers where hunters lounge between flights of birds or are these just stories one hears.

3. Mike Riley

Mike Riley Banned

There are quite a few. What areas are you asking about, the Yolo, D-10, The Butte Sink, or the Delta? I've hunted quite a few, if you give me an idea of which area you're interested in maybe I can give brief rundown.

4. RuddyDuks

Location really does not matter to me . Tell us about the most exclusive you hunted . Would love to hear about them and what makes them exclusive. I think it is great that there are people that can afford to hunt them I am just one of them.

5. RuddyDuks

I am not one of them. Should have proof read post.

6. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Years ago my Grandma and Grandpa were the caretakers on a club called the Tule Goose which borders some of the resting ponds of the West side of Gray Lodge. I got to hunt that club several times a year for 20 years. The blinds weren't anything special then..just barrels sunk in the ground with willow trees wrapped around the top and wired in place. The club house that I grew up with has long since been torn down but it had a large livingroom/dinningroom area, 7 bedrooms down the hall along with 2 bathrooms, a room with a wetbar and tables that started out as my uncles bedroom, a nice kitchen, a BIG screened-in porch and my Grandparents bedroom. It had a wooden deck across the front of it with a garage and kennels out in the back. There was a small building near the road with a great duck plucker and cleaning area. At the worst the hunting was good...normally it was great. That wasn't what made it REALLY great though. In the summer whn no-one was around I had the run of that club, Wild Goose, Hangtown and a bunch of rice owned by a fella named Morgan Chambers. I could go anywhere I wanted, whenever I wanted, for as long as I wanted. When I pass by the gate on the Gridley/Colusa Hwy I look down the leve and think, "Three miles down that road is where Heaven is located". I'd give anything to be able to take my family in there some summer and show them around.

7. RuddyDuks

Great post ,sounds like great memories and great times.

8. d tree's

d tree's Elite Refuge Member

Same kinda deal like Gene my grampa & gramma were the caretakers of the Greenhead in the mid to late 70's and I was to young to appreciate or understand how good it was bieng so young and my first experiances to hunting , back then I was a bird chaser and not shooting yet. We came up for a week a year for three years and I was amazed at all the birds Esp in the morning driving out to the club all the snow geese you would hear in the dark but in the daylite all the Greenheads !! the main reason I live up here now :D those days on that club ,d

anyone know if that club is still there and the same name :confused: ,d

9. Spec

Spec Gold Refuge Member

Was in Mo. they had a club house with 6 bed rooms a pool room and large area with a 50 inch color TV, a all brick fire place that warmed the whole club house a full kitchen and a full stocked bar this lodge sits on a hill overlooking the club and you are drove to your blind by ATV , the blind is a all metal blind that will fit 8 shooters with dog box's on each end it has a roll top and a place for each gun to rest while waiting for the birds there is piped in propane for the built in heaters in front of each hunter if he wants more heat ,plus you can cook a meal or warm your coffie there also ,the best part of the hunt was the people who run the club when we got off the airplane the first thing the owner said was want a drink !LOL!! we never had a bad meal or bad drink for 5 days!!:l

10. welborn user

welborn user Senior Refuge Member

If you hunted the Greenhead, If it`s located in the Butte Sink, it`s now called The Greenhead Land Co. It borders to The Live Oak Gun Club, The Berrypatch, and The Field & Tule. I hunted there a couple of years ago, and I know most of the guides that take out the members there. In my opinion, it`s one of the top 3 clubs in the Valley. There is a reason they call it the greenhead!It`s absolutely georgeous.