Exclusive Duck Clubs

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by RuddyDuks, May 10, 2003.

1. CaFowlmouth

CaFowlmouth Senior Refuge Member

Thanks to all those who posted, great thread.

I'm curious about the "Lurline Sink". Never heard of it. Are the clubs based in Lambertsville the ones that lie within?

2. Mike Riley

Mike Riley Banned

CaFowlmouth,
    They are south between Delevan and Colusa.

deadeye10,
    I don't know any of the members, but the caretaker told me 3 members a few years ago. Since you know the folks - I figure you know better than me. So 4 it is.

3. AzSprig

AzSprig Elite Refuge Member

Call DU and find out where most of the money in Cali is spent, that's where the high dollar duck clubs will be

Man, I'm gonna get hammered on this one ..........

4. RuddyDuks

RuddyDuks Elite Refuge Member

Not much going on here lately so I thought I would post an old thread which turn out to be an interesting read.

Feel free to add to this thread with more info on the subject of duck clubs and lets see where it goes.

5. Stevenorcal

Stevenorcal Senior Refuge Member

Like em Hate em NO ONE else can bring what Riley does to this board.Hes Irish they like to mix it up,as do the Portugees the Germans the libs the rednecks the right the left the wrong who cares.Take the good .Is your wife or kids or friends perfect?
    We all have egos we always think that we are the truth that what we think and say are always right.
    Get over it.

6. RuddyDuks

RuddyDuks Elite Refuge Member

My intent for reposting this thread was not to keep the fires burning with Mike Riley. I do have to admit he made this thread with alot of information' but we need to let it go and move on ,what ever happens will happen. Let stick to the subject of duck clubs .

7. CJwMH_LAB

CJwMH_LAB Senior Refuge Member

OK, time to fess up. I 'owned' that island as a kid and it and McDonald tract were where I learned to hunt back in the early 70's. Anybody remember the clubhouse on the water across Columbia Cut Slough from Medford? Yep, I had 1000 acres of corn to hunt there + Medford Is whenever I felt like a 30 second boat ride. Used to go over there alone with my first lab 'n crawl slowly on my hands 'n knees (not trying to hide) out amongst 30,000 geese 'n sprig - geese on 1 side, sprig the other - couldn't see the ground thru 'em. In those numbers and in low pressure situations like that they just walk to the side a little when you slowly crawl among 'em. They used to seed that island by air with barley after which the hunting was indescribable. I could go on all night about Medford or what it was like hunting our flooded corn, which had ponds cut out of it, but it's gettin' late. God, what memories...and what a lucky kid I was...CJ

8. Another Mike

Another Mike Elite Refuge Member

MH_LAB....

That clubhouse is still there.....the one on the McDonald Is levee midway between the main channel and Middle River on Columbia cut.

McDonald and Medford still shoot but the main flyway is now a bit to the west along Mandeville Island and west Venice.

9. CJwMH_LAB

CJwMH_LAB Senior Refuge Member

Thanks Mike, I was aware of that 'cause I've been hunting out there off 'n on over the years. Of course, I can't say who's been affording me permission. ;) Word on the levee is that a major club is going in on the other side of McDonald by the old break. Hm...might be time to start donating training or dog services again. :yes
    Have you been hunting out there for a while too? CJ

10. Another Mike

Another Mike Elite Refuge Member

Lab.....I grew up nearby, shot in the sloughs near there as a youngster.....now I mostly striper fish that general area.