Exclusive Duck Clubs

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by RuddyDuks, May 10, 2003.

1. deadgrassdog

deadgrassdog Elite Refuge Member

I cut teeth hunting the Berhing(sp?) ranch in the early 70's to about the early 80's. My dad was a founding member in the GR and that was a great duck club. I remember days that dad would let me skip school and we would pass on greenheads to get full limits of bull sprig... Boy those were the days! I remember dad getting mad at me once for shooting a nice big drake widgeon instead of the bull sprig it was with. I wanted that widgeon.:cool: By the mid 70's I was cutting class to get in a hunt and try and be home before dad made it home. All the while he knew what I was doing but didn't say much... Thank goodness I had some pretty decent high school teachers that would let me get away with it as long as I brought the occasional duck offering.:l

Are there still huntable blinds at the top of sheepy ridge?

I now hunt the D-10 area and we have the property across the street near Ramirez rd. Someone mentioned Ramirez rd? I also shoot across the street from Delevan for specs and some good duck shoots on the off days cause our D-10 props are only 3 day shoot days until the bad weather hits at the end of the year. But I wouldn't call these clubs elite by any means.

2. #1stunner

#1stunner Elite Refuge Member

id have to say the club i currently hunt the Can Can in the suisun marsh, is one of the more exclusive clubs in that marsh, a strict off season a lot of work goes itno the watergrass/smart weed/ millet program, its basically 3 clubs combined into one, over 1000+ acres invitation only, boat to blinds, club house that sleep 16 guest, full bar, card tables, gun room, washer and dryer, TV, duck waxing station, and and overflow house for busy weekends, we may not shoot limits every morning but good food, good wine and good people, im soo spoiled, hodson27 can vouch for it, i also have great relations with a fellow that has a membership at the brady great place, also hoping to get up to the winchester gun club this season,
    ps im finally back to the boards after a long vacation,
    james

3. CJwMH_LAB

CJwMH_LAB Senior Refuge Member

Mike, it sounds like you were living the life that I always wanted to when I was young. Although the delta doesn't look the same to me anymore, with fewer hidden beaches and all its rock lined levees and traffic, I've still got peat dirt under my skin and will always be looking for an excuse to get back out there. Good fishin' to yuh...

4. Triple Pintails

Triple Pintails Refuge Member

Hunted a club outside of Dixon in the 60's called the Laurel G, then my Dad joined a club outside of Merced called CastleDuckClub. I think it was started by some retired Officers from CastleAFB. Has anyone hunted either of these clubs?