Expensive Decoys

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by Susky Ducker, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Susky Ducker

Susky Ducker Refuge Member

Message me the info I'd like to get in on these deals

2. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

Yeah yeah, tell everybody about it so demand goes up.....

:doh:doh:doh:doh

3. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Bigfoots still are. B2's are made in China.

4. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member

Only the bodies, heads and legs are shipped from China.

tcc, Dean Nelson and buck_master_2001 like this.
  5. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

I don't understand the complaint about decoy prices? I bought 15 dozen by the time I was 21 and haven't looked back. I've only purchased maybe another 2 or 3 dozen in the last 15 years, to replace lost ones and those beyond repair. Unless your dekes get stolen I just don't understand how they would be a large expense. My only expenses these days are shells/fuel/license since I hunt public land.

Only thing I can figure is some of you like to "collect" decoys, similar to how women act about shoes.

Susky Ducker likes this.
  6. Susky Ducker

You have no idea people on my local FB page trade up every year. I asked the same question. But for what they are getting resale value. They only losing like $50 bucks and take that money and buy new

7. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

All over. You just have to be quick on the draw. The deadlies came from 3 different retailers. The canada's from one of the big box stores clearance page on their website. The price tracking tools that are available these days are amazing. I can drop in the URL, set my price, and get an email or text when the item hits that price. I can see price history. You'd be amazed at the fluctuations in price that some listings have on some of these giant retailers. If it's a "need it now" item, Roger's isn't a bad place to buy from. but do yourself a favor and price check using search engines, using the actual model number or SKU, not just googling "GHG pro grade mallards". You might be surprised where you see a better price on whatever item it is you are looking for. Here's an example of the price of some Deadly's over the last 2 years via one of the web browser extensions I use.

Deadly Pintails.JPG

8. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

I'll share a little (not all) of my info via PM, but I'm not posting any specific sites or tools openly. :) Just cracks me up what some guys will pay for dekes from certain retailers without at least doing a simple google search first to price check.

Ringbill and Susky Ducker like this.
  9. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

So, have any of the folks who think decoys are overpriced done this exercise? I'm serious when I ask.

Scotty likes this.
  10. Susky Ducker

I've used Google. Unless there is some black market site I don't have access to. I've spent an hour at a clip looking for deals. Granted it's not everyday