Extended Frameworks Question

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by Floridaboy, May 23, 2002.

1. Floridaboy

Floridaboy Moderator Moderator

Would you guys favor the extension of our season to the last Sunday in January IF you had to have the tradeoff of less days and lower bag limit?

Because that possibility exists if the season is extended.

2. wildcat

wildcat Senior Refuge Member

Considering that the possibility exists for a moderate season package I think it would better serve us to extend it out and give us a 10-12 day split in between..... most likely what were currently looking at is a 45 day season with still a 6 bird limit..

3. Floridaboy

Floridaboy Moderator Moderator

That seems to be what most are thinking too.

I also believe with less days that it will force me to be a better planner of my trips.

4. Fyrestorm

Fyrestorm Guest

I would.............I would not mind a 45 day season. Especially when you have the spilt. (everyone gets a break including the ducks). I also wouldn't mind a 4 duck limit for a year. I shot a few 6 duck limits last year but was just as happy with four. Either way I'm ready for next season. My guess is it will be 45 day season with 6 duck limit.

5. D Duck

D Duck Moderator Moderator

I think that a moderate season framework should first address limits, and secondly address length. I would prefer to see a 60 day season (with at least 2 weekends of non-hunting as I keep harping about) with only a 3 or 4 bird limit. This still allows me and most others that have regular jobs to hunt several times during the season, but does not increase the risk of further impacting waterfowl populations.

I don't care as to how many ducks I get to shoot each day, although I at least like to get 1 :D, but rather would not want to give up days in the field.