Eye surgery

Discussion in 'Washington Flyway Forum' started by Billy Bob, Mar 16, 2019 at 7:32 PM.

1. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

I had to have diabetes related eye surgery Wednesday. Dr. cut scar tissue caused by laser treatments , off of the retina in my left eye. It was cut a bit and then cauterize the bleeding area with a laser in small sections. He had to put a large gas bubble in my eye to put pressure on the retina to be sure it doesn't detach. Almost 2 hours. I'm stuck sitting around looking the floor at least 50 mins per hour for 2 weeks to keep the gas bubble up on the retina keeping pressure on it. After 3 days I can see some blobs of color. Sitting here with the monitor of my laptop flat on the floor facing up or listening to TV is my only entertainment. :z :l It's going to be a real fun 2 weeks and after those 2 weeks I still can't do anything that causes strain such as lifting or real exercise.

2. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

I hope it all works out well for you.

3. NWRINGNECK

NWRINGNECK Elite Refuge Member

I had cataract surgery in both eyes 6 or 8 years back and it was a pia but no where near what you’ve got going. The only thing I can say is do exactly what they tell you to do (which I’m sure you are doing) as I know people that didn’t follow Dr’s orders on cataract surgery and had some crappy results. Hang tough and hopefully you’ll be ready for duck season.

4. Green Duck Truck

Green Duck Truck Washington State Moderator Moderator

Sounds like no fun, BB. Power to you during this time. We 'Fugers are sure padding doctors wallets, lately! :yes:doh

5. Billy Bob

Thanks guys.

I'm following instructions closely. I'm even trying to sleep face down to keep pressure on the retina although the Dr. says I don't have to. It's as uncomfortable as it sounds but I'm taking this as seriously as I can.

6. Wareagle1

Wareagle1 Elite Refuge Member

Damn Billy Bob, hope things heal up quickly. Maybe this will improve your shooting next year!:grvn:grvn

Billy Bob likes this.
  7. Doc E

Doc E Elite Refuge Member

Cataract surgery is easier than popping a pimple.

8. sully

sully Elite Refuge Member

Take care and get well soon. It's good to hear you are following the Dr orders to a tee, thats very wise.

9. Billy Bob

:l :l :l

Depending on how things heal I may only be able to bow hunt in the future. I'm hoping to be able to use super low recoil, light shot charge hand loads or possibly a 410. Not holding my breath though.

10. WidgeonmanGH

WidgeonmanGH Elite Refuge Member

Choosing to bow hunt is one thing, only able to bow hunt is another. Praying for a complete recovery!