F-150 Price

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by joe117, Dec 23, 2013.

1. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

You ain't getting that much out of a tune only on a gasser. What makes you think a V6 can't hold up as well as a V8?

2. cutdownolt12

cutdownolt12 Senior Refuge Member

Never said I was getting much..that's a fact I'm not but I'm getting full potential out of it that's for sure. And I think it can't from seeing thay it can't hold up. Know too many people that have had those Eco's crap out. It might be a good engine for some people but what I've personally seen I wouldn't ever own or recommend one.

3. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

:scratch:scratch:scratch I guess I misinterpreted that?

They may have some issues, but a V6 is just as durable as a V8 unless you get pretty academic about it.
    You should slap a turbo on your 5.0.

4. cutdownolt12

I guess I was trying to imply it doesn't take much to out perform a eco. But that's my opinion and this argument could go on for days like rnt or echo, Chevy or ford etc...whether you have a 5.0 or a eco just be glad its not a dodge! :l

5. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

I can drink to that! :D

6. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Those Eco boosts are supposed to be built rock solid. Yes, you might gave to deal with a blown turbo down the road but they are really not all that expensive to fix. Those suckers sure are quick though. The 5.0 is a stout engine. The rumor I am hearing from friends that work at Ford are no more v-8's in the F150. All Eco type engines. We will find out at the Detroit auto show in a couple weeks.

7. burns_312

burns_312 Banned

I bought a '13 XLT 4x4 on December 26th of last year and paid just over $30,500 out the door. It's been the best truck I've ever owned. I pull a 16' dual axle enclosed trailer full of hunting **** and a Ranger Reata all over God's green earth and it hasn't missed a beat.

8. cutdownolt12

I really hope that's not the case but if so I guess I'll go back to rolling coal in their diesels.....I am pretty anxious to see the new designs of the 2015 models tho!

9. sho_freak11

sho_freak11 Elite Refuge Member

Same here, if all they offer is "eco boosts" in the half tons... looks like I'm getting a diesel 3/4 ton... the 6.7 is a beast!

10. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

I bought my truck today.
    4x4
    2014 new F-150 STX
    3.7 V6
    6spd auto
    Super Crew
    Out the door. Taxes and plates, freight fees.
    Total $31,240