Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

F&G Wants More Money!

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by swampswimmingshrek, Nov 4, 2008.

1. swampswimmingshrek

swampswimmingshrek Elite Refuge Member

2. offroadbaby

offroadbaby Elite Refuge Member

I agree with some, disagree with some. Unfortunately everything eventually costs more.

3. Hambone

Hambone Elite Refuge Member

I support the increases. What we pay to hunt is dirt cheap compared to what we get out of it.

4. brycec

brycec Senior Refuge Member

5. swampswimmingshrek

Here is my big problem. When they all have 2008 trucks, 2008 4 wheelers, etc. I stopped at Jiffy Lube 2 weeks ago. They didn't get the normal lube job they got the premium. So it cost 3x as much. :mad: I think if they cut a little fat around their offices it would go a long way.

I also did some figuring and it will cost us an extra $175 for just these added fees if it passes.

I know you guys say its no big deal look at what you spend on gear.

Well if our Licience goes up that an extra $175
    My outboard oil when up that is an extra $50 per year
    Tires went up that is about an extra $50 per year
    Dog food went up that is an extra $100 per year
    Food for my training birds is up tht is an extra $50-$100 a year
    Fuel god knows where that will be.................
    Food has gone up who knows how much that will be..
    My boat registration went up that is an extra $25
    Shipping went up so my freight on stuff is an extra $50 per year

You guys getting the picture. So far I'm an extra $550 and I'm sure I'm missing a ton. And the hunting here isn't getting any better.

6. LuxuryHunter

LuxuryHunter Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Dang! I have to pay an extra $3.50 on my hunting license next year! That's gonna hurt! :l

Gotta pay to play!:tu

7. swampswimmingshrek

Not sure if your a Smart Az or a Dumb Az. Did you not see the added federal migratory bird also.:cool:

8. Trav28

Trav28 Elite Refuge Member

I still think F&G is making a huge mistake with the wolf tags. 18 bucks for such a hot button issue? Should be $150 for the first 3 years.

I do like lowering the Jr. licenses, but I'm not sure why the Jr. Combo and Fishing decrease but the Jr. Hunting bumped up a buck?

9. seal

seal Elite Refuge Member

I dont really like the increases especially with the economy the way it is. BUT; ya do have to ask a question. If I am really hurting enough to throw a fit over an increase of $24.50 (Sportsmans package + migratory bird) should I even be hunting?????

10. IdaHowitzer

IdaHowitzer Elite Refuge Member

I don't get it. They are adding a $3.00 validation for the Federal Migratory Bird Harvest info Permit. Isn't that the "how many ducks did you shoot last season? How many geese? How many coots?" Are they are charging me $3.00 for that? I used to not mind the increases but when are they going to stop?

To make a long story short, I've seen the best and worst govt orgs when working for the state. There are some agencies that have the latest and the greatest; I mean from the $50,000 trucks with all the gadgets to the "everyone gets a pair of oakley sunglasses because we ran out of things to buy".

Other agencies are getting royally screwed; they are struggling to keep their old, unsafe vehicles properly maintenanced with duct tape, hose clamps and a little creativity mixing and matching parts while the spoiled one watch and laugh from the comfort of their air conditioned vehicles.

Time to trim the fat

Thanks for reading my rant
    Phil