Fabarms XLR5 Waterfowler

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Alldrakes, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Alldrakes

Alldrakes Elite Refuge Member

Who has one and what are your thoughts ?

2. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

They can't be much of a shotgun with the resident shotgun netspurt over at another site fawning over it all the time.

3. Snake Oil

Snake Oil New Member

I recently bought one with 28 inch barrel. I've shot one box of 2 3/4 inch shells and it shoots nice. It shoulders well and recoil is minimal. The long flat black rib creates a good sight picture. I look forward to shooting ducks and geese with it.

4. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

My XLR5 Sporting shoots wonderfully with it's tapered barrel going from .740 to .725 and the 5 chokes that came with it , does give me many options !
    Thinking the Waterfowler should be a really nice gun with the same options , with any type of shot density , if it fits you ?

5. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

While it's a nice looking shotgun, for the price there are many, more proven waterfowl guns.
    (I always thought Franchi was a value-priced brand. I guess not?)

6. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

You're right but even tho I have several (waterfowl) semi auto shotguns I continually grab one of my old 870's or Mod 12's , it's something about not
    fooling around , when it comes to reliability in the marsh ! There's no thought about , what choke tube is in the gun as they're all fixed choked and even
    tho they have 30" barrels , a reaction shot at a Teal buzzing the decoys is in great danger 80 % of the time .
    I'm a believer , shoot what you shoot best and to refine it a little more , take time to use the patterning board !

JP likes this.