fairbanks

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by sparky(akaT2), Jul 15, 2012.

1. sparky(akaT2)

sparky(akaT2) Elite Refuge Member

Hey guys, taking the family to Fairbanks the first week of August for a wedding. I'd. Like to take my 8 year old fishing a couple days while we are there. I'm. Looking for some advice as to what kind of gear and tackle to bring along, and maybe some local places to wet a line. We dont really care what we catch, we catch alot of trout here, so anything else would be a bonus for us. Not opposed to using a guide for a day, so if anyone here is in the business or could recomend someone that would be great too. This is my second trip, got to catch kings last time I was up, but first trip for my boy. To say he is excited would be a huge understatement, he desperatly wants to catch a fish.in Alaska. Thanks in advance for any help. :tu

2. Ray

Ray Senior Refuge Member

There would be grayling in the upper chena out the hot springs road to the resort. They are simple to catch on basic dry fly or bead head nymphs.

The other thing to check into would be pike fishing in Minto flats. You would need a guide to get you down the river and into the swamp. I know there was one operating up there. So google Minto flats pike guide and see what pops up. Your son might enjoy catching a 40 inch fish.

3. sparky(akaT2)

sparky(akaT2) Elite Refuge Member