Fake News - Roy Moore edition

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by big duck hunter, Nov 9, 2017.

1. big duck hunter

big duck hunter Senior Refuge Member

2. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Not everyone hears the clearing of a lie. Even if the original "author" says 'My bad.'

Political lies can last forever even if proven false early. We're going to see a lot of it start up about Republicans here pretty soon.

This current wave of sexual harrasment and abuse hysteria is going to carry probably into Nov. 2018.

Before it's all over politicians on both sides are going to be accused of it for having a picture of their wife in a bikini on their last vacation because the picture objectifies women and is being suggestive.

3. hartfish

hartfish Elite Refuge Member

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  4. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Not defending anyone, or making a value judgment, just for perspective...

Should we do a study of human cultures, wanna bet that the current US domestic consternation about differences in male/female relationship ages is more about current attitudes in a relatively limited population. Hey, if one party is age 60 and the other age 40 is it still something to get concerned about?

5. hartfish

hartfish Elite Refuge Member

This is the 21st century. There is a difference between two consenting adults and a 32-year-old adult and a 14-year-old child.

Holy crap. I can't believe you said that.

Do you have children? Would you be okay with a 32-year-old man feeling up your teenage daughter?

6. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Let me think what I would do. A 32 year old lawyer coerces my 14 year old daughter to his home, makes her undress, and he fondles her and has her touch him...................sorry, he doesn't get a pass. He gets beaten with a stick until he doesn't move anymore. He isn't Joseph, the father of Jesus. He is Roy the paedophile, stalker of young girls. Politically motivated? The girl he touched said she had voted Republican in last 3 elections. Nothing to gain here but the truth I would think.

eel river likes this.
  7. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

Interesting angle for sure. If we wish to assess vs other cultures or societies, do we only pick those of developed countries? Do we limit it to just this topic? Maybe extent it to gun control also?

It seems I've argued to intelligence of the young lately and many have suggested otherwise. Suggesting that age tends to bring value experience, application of superior knowledge. So, are you suggesting that 14 year olds might have the experience, age, intellect and understanding to appropriately "consent"? Hmmm. They can't drink alcohol, can't vote, can't drive and the list goes on and on. Yet, they might be able to adequately assess and judge and give "consent" to physical interaction with those that have all those other "rights" because of their superior knowledge? Now THIS could end up being the topic of all time on the fuge. I think there is no misgiving on this issue, regardless of bible reference.

8. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

So... @API, I missed the shenanigans of my thread yesterday. Saw you deleted it. Did the kids get silly, or what?

9. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

I think you missed his point. I agree that it is sick, but that wasn't his point.

10. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Yeah...a heart attack...but what a way to go. :dv