Fake News - Roy Moore edition

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by big duck hunter, Nov 9, 2017.

1. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Figures...

2. Rubberhead

Rubberhead Elite Refuge Member

A good friend of mine was hit with faked sexual misconduct charges that were said to have happened 20 years prior when he was an adult and the girl, a second cousin, was a minor. It cost him $30k in legal fees and 12 months of agony to finally rid himself of the charges.

(at this point you probably believe that there was some basis of truth to the charges and the my friend is probably a schmuck)

Truth is the accuser had a hand-written journal of the times he "messed with her". Fortunately, he was in the military and stationed in Alaska during many of the times he was accused of taking liberties with a minor. Once the military records were accessed and compared to the girl's journal, a judge threw the whole thing out and put a restraining order on her against ever contacting him again.

(at this point you probably still think there was some basis in truth even though the girl was found to be a flat out liar and proven to have fabricated evidence - that's the unfortunate side effect of such false accusations and the reason they are so easily used as political hit jobs)

3. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

And THIS is the heart of the Moore issue, not what sane people WANT to happen to any molesterer of children, but IF there’s any guilt at all or just mere political railroading. The folks believing anyone is defending ANY molestation are being intellectually dishonest about the assumed validity to begin with.

4. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

But your 14 year old daughter doesn't tell you about it until she is 52 years old....

Because if she told you about it when she was 14 - your reaction would be the same as mine - except I would use an axe handle - not a stick. And it wouldn't have taken 38 years and a US Senate bid for the world to finally find out he was a child molester.

lugnut and WHUP ! Hen like this.
  5. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Is their any indication anywhere that Moore did this? A paper trail? News articles? Was their a case filed by the family of the girl? Police reports?

6. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

That is one drink, I do not want a sip of...

7. ALMODUX

None of the above, AFAIK.

8. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

9. ALMODUX

Non-Alabamians have no idea of the level of hate and violent animosity that most of our leftist minority in this state have for Roy Moore. If they did, they’d realize little is off limits or truthful in politics against Moore. Not defending him, but highlighting the crazy arrayed against him, calling HIM crazy.

WHUP ! Hen likes this.
  10. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

Unfortunately sexual abuse is far more prevalent than most realize. I suspect that false allegations are nearly as prevalent. My wife sees signs of the abuse all the time as a 4th grade teacher. Often the people who are guilty of the abuse are not who you'd expect.

The above is completely unrelated to Moore. I will wait for this to shake out before passing judgement. I just hope that if the allegations are true, these women were able to get on with their lives. Some aren't so lucky.