Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Fantasy Waterfowling...!

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by Jacob Hyer, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Jacob Hyer

Jacob Hyer Elite Refuge Member

Steve Made a comment about Fantasy Football and got me thinking it would be cool to have some kind of Fantasy Duck Hunting...

So this is what I came up with:

This year for Idaho Refuge Gang Hunters Only (meaning Idaho residents) could play a little Points game...

Rules:

1. The Hunter has to post a Pic of his or hers Kills for that Weekend. (Weekends only so the hardcore’s that hunt almost every day don't run away with it.)

2. The Pic has to include a news paper with the date or at least a white piece of paper with the weekend date.

3. All pics need to be posted before the next weekend starts.

4. Only Drakes of the Duck species will count for points.

5. All Game has to be taken in Idaho... so don't go shooting sea ducks on the Puget Sound and then try to get points...!

Points system:

Eurasian Widgeon 20pts.
    Long Tail 20 pts.
    Harlequin 20 pts.
    Barrows Golden Eye 15 Pts.
    Snows 10 pts
    White Fronts 10 Pts.
    Canvas Backs 10 Pts.
    Pintail 10 pts.
    Cinnamon teal 9 pts.
    Canadian goose 8 pts.
    Blue Bill 8 pts.
    Wood duck 8 pts
    Blue Wing Teal 8 pts.
    Red Heads 8 pts.
    Mallard 6 pts.
    Hooded Merganser 6 pts.
    Green Wing Teal 6 pts.
    Buffel Heads 5 pts.
    Gadwalls 5 pts.
    Widgeon 4 pts.
    Common Merganser 3 pts
    Spoon Bills 3 pts.
    Golden Eyes 2 pts.
    Coots 1 pts.
    Snipe 1 pts.

Banded or Collared watefowl will count as 5+ points we will also accept banded hens just for the bonus points...!

at the end of the season we will total up the points and the winner will win a Brand New in the Box Buck Gardner Buck Brush. ( if we can get some more of the Refuge sponsors to kick in some stuff that would be cool but for sure the winner will win a Buck Gardner Call from me.)

so what do you guys think...? would you like to do something like this...?

2. ARGreenTimber

ARGreenTimber Elite Refuge Member

i think that would be pretty cool, and you could eventually make some type of program where you could draft hunters and put them on the same team; just like nfl or major league sports.

one problem though i think greenheads should be worth 10pts also. Thats what us southren boys like to shoot in the timber. and Hens should be a deduction.

Good idea.

3. Jacob Hyer

Green heads are very common and guys like me can sit in a corn field and shoot 7 every day so that is why they are worth less points... also gives the guys that shoot dirvers more chance...

I like the Hen deduction Idea but that will not work no one would post a pic of a hen so maybe the guys in the blinds will give them he!! if there buddy shoots a hen... Kind of like a Hen Hat.... or maybe make them blow a duck call thats a shape of a falic...:eek: did I just say that [​IMG]

4. Ducks Doom

Ducks Doom Elite Refuge Member

Sounds like a blast. Hens bieng a deduct is a good Idea in my book but you would have to rely on honesty and we know how trustworthy some of our fellow outdoor enthusiasts are.:(

I would be willing to give you a hand with it if you need any help Jake, it sounds fun. I know I can't keep up with some of you guys but it would still be a good time.

O and put pintails at 10 as well.

5. Trav28

Trav28 Elite Refuge Member

Unless an Eurasian is a common bird up here, I'd make it worth more than 10. Always seemed like that one was a once in a lifetime bird.

6. Jacob Hyer

good point I will change the Eurasian widgeon to 20 pts along with Long Tail, and Harlequin.

Now Tedly has a pick that he took of a Eurasian that I think was taken in Boise... :tu

7. Jacob Hyer

what about bands on birds... ? I think you should get some points for that but what is stoping guys from just putting old bands on birds...?

so should we give points for bands and collars...? if so can you count a banded Hen...?

Jake

8. Trav28

Trav28 Elite Refuge Member

I wouldn't differentiate between leg bands and neck collars. If it has either OR both then just count it the same, maybe 5 extra points.

I don't see a problem with counting banded hens, just the bonus points though, not the species points.

As for guys putting old bands on new birds...If they're that pathetic, then I don't know how to stop them. But I think it'll be obvious enough.

Another way to prevent this is not count the points until they can post a scan of the band certificate.

9. Ducks Doom

Ducks Doom Elite Refuge Member

At some point in time we just have to trust people not to be dishonest about things. I mean whats to keep them from posting their drakes and their buddys drakes. So Jake if the prize is a duck call from you, what is the prize if you win? We ought to make a buy in and make the prize a custom call,

10. Jacob Hyer

all good point travis... I'm not going to worry about the Certificates due to the fact I have had one take 1 year to get and one 2 weeks to get...:sp

Bands and collars are in...!