Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Fantasy Waterfowling...!

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by Jacob Hyer, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Trav28

Trav28 Elite Refuge Member

If guys are going to wizz and moan about winning a call, what about finding some rediculous trophy that goes winner to winner every year. Somthing like a pink lawn flamingo or a Heron decoy?

Or here's an idea if we can get someone to sponsor a call for the winner or if it's a chip in thing. The winner gets the call, but the person with the lowest point total gets to pick the color. :D

2. Ducks Doom

Ducks Doom Elite Refuge Member

Awesome idea, problem is Jake doesn't care if he gets a pink call he's kind of fruity like that.

3. offroadbaby

offroadbaby Elite Refuge Member

Cool! I could add another bird to my flamingo flock in the front yard!!:grvn

4. GooseBuster

GooseBuster Banned

I am sure that there are several on this forum that keep track each year how many birds they shoot and are hapy to telll theirs friends etc the exact number of ducks they kill.

I don't see how this activity will cause people to shoot more than normal. If people ant to cheat by freezing birds and reusing them there is no way you can stop it.

Bottom line I believe that this game is not a bad idea as bragging rights for the year will be by this or those that bragg on how many ducks they shoot.

I will provide the winner a duck call. I don't care what the color is.

Lets be big boys and just enjoy the fall.

I will still provide the call to winner,:dv

5. pintailale1

pintailale1 Elite Refuge Member

I read about this on the main forum so I wanted to see what you guys had going on here. First of all about the cheating. It would be an honor system and I would hope all those that participated would be honest. I don't see the prize of one duck call being much motivation to cheat. Second, targeting species and sex for the sake of this game. I would not change anything about my duck selection if I was a part of this game. I would just share my pics and show my birds that I got including the hens. As far as guys shooting more birds because of this, I don't think that will happen. Those guys that want to participate are the types to pursue limits anyway. If you deduct points for hens, some guys may not include them in the pic, for those guys that really want that duck call. I agree make it a sticky to keep it separate from the guys who don't participate.

6. DUCKLOGIC

DUCKLOGIC Senior Refuge Member

I think this is a great idea. I might try this in the MO. forum.

7. WATERDOGS

WATERDOGS Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

It sure got alot of looks. Ive never kept count of my birds. Last year I think I could have counted them on my finger and toes. Years past I was well over three hundred in ttwo months of hunting. Ive always said I was going to keep track of numbers and species but so far Ive only made it part of the season. Who care what other think about it. You know those fishing competition that are timed now those are crazy. Why take a sport that you are suppose to kick it and drink beer and put a time on it.:yes

8. Ducks Doom

So Jake is it on or what??? 60% on the main forum said go for it, so unless you think we ought to back out lets get a official set of rules and get stuff moving.

9. chilidog

chilidog Senior Refuge Member

BLU you know Jake is going to win this cause he will hunt every night. :confused:

10. Ducks Doom