Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Fantasy Waterfowling...!

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by Jacob Hyer, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Jacob Hyer

Jacob Hyer Elite Refuge Member

well after getting off the phone with the Feds today making sure this was okay... we can not give anything away or even have prizes... it is against the law to do such a thing on Fed protected game... Deer yes you can Waterfowl no you can not...!

so this would be for bragging rights if it were done... we have lots of time before the seaon to plan this...

so who is in if we do play the game...?

2. seal

seal Elite Refuge Member

Thats all it ever amounted to anyway. I dont much buy into the "guys keeping track of numbers and species" theory either. You can keep track of what you kill without spouting it off to the internet and anyone that will listen. I am really not against this "game". Matter of fact; it sounds pretty fun if it is done right. I think it would be a much better deal if you play it between friends. Say 1 hunting party against another.........behind the scenes. We all know how the internet works. I can see........down the line.... some fits, fighting, and nasty comments being made. I really think you would be better off figuring out a way to do this off the forum but with guys from the forum:tu

3. Wingnutty

Wingnutty Elite Refuge Member

Seal hit the nail on the head:tu

4. Trav28

Trav28 Elite Refuge Member

It wouldn't be the 'Fuge if that didn't happen.:D

Oh, and I'm in. Even though I never had a snowball's chance in hades to win, but I think it'll be fun.

5. offroadbaby

offroadbaby Elite Refuge Member

I won't win either, but it'll be fun to watch everybody else:dv

6. Trav28

Trav28 Elite Refuge Member

After re-reading this thread and reading the thread on the main page, I wonder if people have a bigger issue with a handful of guys doing this or if they have more of a problem with pictures being posted.

Not sure why, but I've seen more urinating and whining about hunters posting pics in the last season or so. Heaven forbid someone lurking may recognize that knothole in a distant tree or a dent on a pivot.

7. Ducks Doom

Ducks Doom Elite Refuge Member

I think you might have hit the nail right on the head. Thats what I think to.

8. Duck-Slayer

Duck-Slayer Elite Refuge Member

i'm in, but we'll see how much picture posting and what not i'll do. I just think it would be fun to see how everyone else is doing, I mean we basically play this game every year with the picture posting and bragging.
    D-S

9. Peregrine

Peregrine Elite Refuge Member

Not for me. The only competition I am interested in involving duck hunting is between me and the ducks.

10. Jacob Hyer

Jacob Hyer Elite Refuge Member

holy crap your still alive...? Paul I got that duck hunting program you put togther and donated to the IWA a few weeks ago and forgot all about it untel I found it at my p.c the other day... slapped that bad boy in the p.c and thought a very cool Idea... right now I just hand write all that stuff down but your program is going to help me out a ton... I like the decoy set up part, but you were missing the G.E. decoy :fp very cool product and thanks agian for making it...

hey also need to Reg it, can I do that thru a p.m. ?

Jake