Farewell to a good dog

Discussion in 'Arizona Flyway Forum' started by Yumaducknut, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Yumaducknut

Yumaducknut Senior Refuge Member

Wyatt, Jeff Wallis' (Widgnwhacker) dog had to be put down today. As many of you know, Jeff now resides in San Diego and he called to see if I could spend time with Wyatt before the Vet did her business. It was definitely time for him to go but still a sad day. I'll remember his constant drive and the fact he is the father of my dog Boomer. Dogs give so much and expect so little. Man's best friend doesn't come close to describing what they do for us. Rest in Peace Wyatt.

2. DesertWings

DesertWings Elite Refuge Member

Class act Jay...My hat is off to you!

3. deadeyedick

deadeyedick Senior Refuge Member

That sucks. Sorry to hear about that WW. I had to put my lil girl, Bit down 2 years ago and I still well up thinking of her.

4. umahunter

umahunter Elite Refuge Member

Sorry for the loss I think of my boy everyday we know it'll happen but it never gets any easier to handle

5. Birdup

Birdup Moderator

Sorry to hear about that Jeff.

6. Widgnwhacker

Widgnwhacker Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Thanks guys and really appreciate the kind words. Feeling pretty crappy right now and I know many of you here have gone through the same thing. This was the loss of my first and only Lab......i dont know about everyone else but being my first and only I can say that I have never had a better hunting buddy, friend, companion and just straight 100% badass bird dog. He earned his AKC JH title early in his life and after that I gave him as many good seasons as I could. I need to thank Steve Blizzard aka "Redheadcali" for talkin me into takin Wyatt as a young pup. Brother you truly gave me a gift that only comes once in a lifetime!I could go on for hours about all the (firsts) he gave to me and many other hunters who shared a boat or a blind with us. One fond memory was the delivered to hand on a cold Christmas Eve afternoon and beautiful drake eurasian widgeon. So you all get the idea. We gave him the basics and he always did things that continue to amaze me today. I would like to thank everyone here that in some way shared time in the field with Wyatt or some way like pix or a story or even all the goofy stuff he did. I would also like to thank Jay Eldridge aka "Yumaducknut" for being a true friend and fellow hunter. I was unable to be there when Wyatt passed but made a phone call to Jay in my time of need and the only question was where and when. And I asked him to share some final moments with my buddy. He followed my requests to a T and kept me posted on the entire deal. Now that is what a TRUE FRIEND / FELLOW HUNTER will do and for that I hope someday I will be able to return that favor. And Wyatt will also live on with Jay and his family as he has Wyatt's son "BOOMER"....thanks again to one and all and may his memory live on forever....

Widgeons Rio Colorado Hunter JH aka "Wyatt"

Left us far to early on 9-9-12 at 12:54pm

R.I.P.

See ya on the other side buddy!!!

[​IMG]

7. longduck

longduck Senior Refuge Member

Sorry to hear of the passing of Wyatt, Jeff. Glad I was able to hunt and share a blind with him. What a great dog! Just remember....he's only as far away as your heart. I've had to put down three dogs and it doesn't get any easier. Have one now that has cancer and other problems........his days are numbered. Wyatt will still be with you always in your blind and in your heart!

:pra Rock

8. Widgnwhacker

Thanks Rock and it was our pleasure to share what we all enjoy together with you :yes Wyatt is waitin on us to bring the "F" shot and drop the hammer lol:l

Take care my friend!!!

Jeff

9. Huntndogs

Huntndogs Senior Refuge Member

Just saw this, sorry to hear about Wyatt Jeff....

10. Widgnwhacker

Thanks brother :tu He is here with me now.....gonna carry part of that dog with me in my blind bag until I cant hunt anymore :scratch

Jeff