Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Farmers are taking control of hunting

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Backpeddler, Feb 8, 2017.

1. berettafan

berettafan Elite Refuge Member

I would support the bill IF private impoundments were done away with.

Tired of watching farmers get money out of public funded programs then take their money and build private impoundments for their rich friends to demolish ducks while the rest of us common people sit and wish we had something to shoot at.

2. Trailman

Trailman Elite Refuge Member

:rolleyes: never mind, I appreciate all this, makes me remember why I walked away. FWIW farmers have rights too just like everyone else and can lobby for whatever they wish. Maybe if the power that be would work more on access than their own pots to **** in we would be better off as hunters. 'Cause if there is one thing this state is not short one in deer and resident geese.

3. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

Its nothing to get mad about, I just want to know why you have 25 acres but want to hunt 50 yds from someone elses' house.

Just sounds odd, that's all

woodsie likes this.
  4. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

I'm not sure you've been to other states, MDs resident goose population is tiny compared to a lot of other states.

5. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

An impoundment doesn't mean you are going to have ducks. Honestly there is too many around for ducks to choose from and a lot of the ducks going to them have in large part become nocturnal unless a weather system rolls through.