Favorite brand of bow....

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting Forum' started by Joe Dirt, Jan 15, 2004.

Which brand do you prefer?

1. Hoyt

14 vote(s)
    21.9%
  2. Matthews

17 vote(s)
    26.6%
  3. Martin

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. other...

19 vote(s)
    29.7%
  5. Browning

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. PSE

11 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. woodieblaster

woodieblaster Elite Refuge Member

DANNY NEWELL- When i was talking about how good of a shot my brother is and all these amazing bows he has, he still takes deer within 20. I mean he would take a 35-40 yard shot but thats about it and he has 2 inch group at 60 yards when he's really sighted in. Both deer he took this year were within 10 yards, and he even shot the second one with his bow during open season where the deer have been spooked by shotgun hunters......

WB

2. SuperNova

SuperNova Elite Refuge Member

I don't know exactly, but it must have enough because I know some guys who have killed elk at 60-70 yrds.:)

3. woodieblaster

woodieblaster Elite Refuge Member

Are you sure they just dont need a range finder? Thats a little bit far. I dont care what bow your shooting thats a very very very very low percentage shot....... you just dont have enough umph especially for an elk.

WB

4. Brett Beinke

Brett Beinke Elite Refuge Member

I bought a Hoyt Cybertech a couple years ago for an archery elk hunt I was going on. With my draw length and arrow selection my arrow speed was 275 fps wich I have been told is maximum velocity for fixed blade broadheads. The bow is exceptionally smooth a very very quiet. It is also very accurate. Well, after a couple of passed shots on bulls that just were not archery shots (4x4 35 yards away straight on wide open and a 4x4 45 yards limbs in the way and farther than my comfort level) I ended up shooting a cow at 20 yards through an opening the size of a pie plate. I had practiced this exact shot with even a smaller opening all summer long so I was confident on hitting the mark. The Muzzy found its mark and she dropped after running 20 yards. She never knew what hit her. In a month I will be chasing Turkey with this bow. I really like it and would strongly recomend Hoyt.

5. SuperNova

People have done it, range finder and all.:) Not saying it is wise, but is is possible.

6. SuperNova

:l I just thought of something. Rent the video "Lethal Flight" THey do some crazy stuff. I remember one shot on a moose that was incredibly far. I am not sure of the distance, but by the looks of the arch of the arrow flight and how long it was in the air it had to have been about 80 yrds at least. It is hard to judge on film (the film quality on that hunt was bad due to the camara falling in water) but man was it far. It ended up being a perfect heart shot. These guys shoot skeet with bows. Awesome video!!!! I would reccomend watching it. Pretty funny too:nutz