Favorite fish to catch??

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by IkillforFOILES, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Spanky03

Spanky03 Elite Refuge Member

Crappie, Cats and Trout in Branson

2. DANNY NEWELL

DANNY NEWELL Elite Refuge Member

Cats then crappies.:tu

DANNY

3. IL_Goosehunter4

IL_Goosehunter4 Senior Refuge Member

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

4. IL_Goosehunter4

IL_Goosehunter4 Senior Refuge Member

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

5. 1_Beenstr

1_Beenstr Refuge Member

Bass,Crappie,BlueGill starting to like this trout also.

6. hankyorke

hankyorke Elite Refuge Member

Browns on a fly rod, smallies on a spinning rod

7. howard s.

howard s. Elite Refuge Member

any catfish:):)

8. jamesd1187

jamesd1187 New Member

Atlantic Salmon, I haven't caught any big once yet but the few grilse I have caught and large multi run spawners I have seen has me addicted. I hope and pray that they may make a recovery to their former glory. Although when trout are taking a dry fly I will forget about salmon altogether.
    After that any thing that has fins and gills.

9. Joe Guide

Joe Guide Refuge Member

Red Fish on a Fly

10. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Have you tried smallies on a spinning rod??? They can be very susceptable to a fly....:D

Lot's of fish I would like to catch on a fly... Some fun fish have included:
    • Shad... Tough to beat that grab, and I do not believe any fish puts up a harder fight for it's size... Plus, some days you can catch volumes of them.
    • Strippers... Great grab and solid fight... Unfortunately a fickle fish.
    • Steelhead... Just something about hearing that drag take off, and knowing you have a fresh one on the line.:D... Probably the most satisfying fish I have taken on the fly.
    • Trout... I love working a nice fish on a dry, and I enjoy the grab with still-water... I am not above nymphing to feel the tug on the line.
    • Bass... Had some great days on the water with some nice fish. Bass (as most fish) are not always condusive to taking on the fly, but I have had some very successful days. Had some exceptional days in the river on smallies.
    • Bluegill... Just a plain fun fish to catch. Great for the kids, and I take a guilty pleasure in taking them on a fly as well.

Some fish I have fished for and caught before I began fly fishing:

• *Tarpon... I have not taken a tarponon the fly... Some day I plan to try. But there is no other fish I have taken that has been more fun and exciting to catch than tarpon.
    • Tuna probably fight better, but do not put on the visual display.
    • Baracuda would be another fun fish on a fly, and I had some fun catching small to medium cuda's on heavy bass gear when I lived in Florida.
    • Jack's in the flats are a kick, and another fish I would love to target with a fly. Unreal fighting ability, and stupid...
    • Snook are great on the table, and fickle to catch... A bit over-rated as a sport fish in my opinion though.
    • Reds are a fun fish to catch, and I would love to attempt tailing reds on the fly.
    • Sea trout are like catching moss... Caught some nice ones, and could hardly tell they were on the line.
    • Dorado... Perhaps one of the dumbest fish I have ever attempted to catch. Great on the table, and could be fun with a fly. I have caught them on a bare hook, so I do not see why they would not take a shiny fly.
    • Sailfish... Glad I caught a couple, but not my cup of tea. I caught them on light gear, and it was exciting, but I did not enjoy the methods.
    • Kingfish... Fun to catch, but I could take em' or leave em'.
    • Catfish... To me catfish are about relaxing, drinking some beer, and the fish fry later on. Decent fighting fish, and good on the table, but nothing particularly exciting about catching them (although I have never caught anything over 10 lbs).