Favorite fish to catch??

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by IkillforFOILES, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Luigi Daniele

Luigi Daniele Elite Refuge Member

NorCal: watching the specks and sprig work
    I recognize your spot! Don't worry, your secret is safe with me.

Semper Fiduckis likes this.
  2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I thouroghly enjoyed halibut fishing in Kodiak. Just had an all out good time...

If I’m at my river land, we catch bluegill to use for catfish bait. We don’t catch many blue cats there, but the ones we catch are in the 10-15 lb range. Make good meals.

Smallmouth are prolly my favorite to fish for though. Don’t do it often.

3. 10ga.crazy

10ga.crazy Senior Refuge Member

7CEE90B9-3D33-44D4-9B61-57EEE9C0C265.jpeg I love them all but there is something about downrigging for trout and salmon that really fires me up?!

yellowlab03, BirdJ and Luigi Daniele like this.
  4. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

10-4 on the salmon 10ga.:tu:tu when it comes to freshwater. Saltwater for me have been sailfish, tuna a Dorado. Always wanted to catch a Blue Marlin to top off the icing on the cake!

5. Fishun Injun

Fishun Injun Senior Refuge Member

Freshwater: Catfish.....especially Flatheads as they eat only live food almost exclusively....makes for better table fare. Saltwater: BIG SOW Red Snapper....the 10 to 20 pounders!!

6. Luigi Daniele

Luigi Daniele Elite Refuge Member

NorCal: watching the specks and sprig work
    I haven't cat fished in ages. :(

7. onjig

onjig Senior Refuge Member

There are a couple fish I like to have on the line ~ but the fish I most like to catch and eat are brookies upload_2018-8-29_14-50-32.jpeg Brook trout have that pink meat ~ way up to the temple ~ when caught in cold water ~ colder the better ~ like at about 5 - 8000 feet above ~ the flesh is flaky and moist ~ some what firm ~ not tough ~ not mushy ~ just right and the flavor is out of this world ```

Down lower I have trouble sometimes ~ telling them from German Brown ~ that just me ~ I know you can spot them a mile off ~ but some of the brown around here don't have those clear dots ~ maybe they're some kinda blend ~ yes ~ I know I should be able to tell ~ well ~ up higher in the streams and lakes ~ you have to hike into ~ they ~ the Brooks abound ~ down lower ~ some times the poison the streams and rivers to plant more popular trout ~ well ~ if you live or fish up in the mountains you know what I'm saying ```

onjig

8. English_Pointer

English_Pointer New Member