Favorite food in the blind ???

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by BADLARRY250, Aug 24, 2017.

1. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

One of the guys that I hunted with early on insisted that there must be peanuts in the blind, redskins and nothing else. Said it was good luck. I remember on more than one occasion he put a handful of peanuts in his mouth and ducks showed up. He sounded like a machine gun spitting them out to be able to call.
    He also had a poor view on anything beyond normal. My wife hosted a baby shower and made some cucumber & onion dip to spread on crackers. She had tinted it with green food coloring to make it look pretty. It was tasty and I made sandwiches out of the left overs. Well, I broke out one of those sandwiches in the blind and I thought he was going to puke. He just kept going on and on about what kind of sandwich is green. I thought it was funny and started bringing sandwiches that were all colors of the rainbow, red, blue,yellow or combinations thereof. He would get over in the corner of the blind and sulk. He's gone now and I miss him.

Lexuss likes this.
  2. thatguy2

thatguy2 Senior Refuge Member

I like a skillet scramble. Green pepper, onion, hash browns, sausage or bacon, and eggs. I remember one day the guy in charge of grabbing things grabbed some butter that was colored blue. Made some interesting colored food and other things.

Have my own pond to hunt this year. The joy of it is lots of cooking.

3. possumfoot

possumfoot Elite Refuge Member

DSC00206.jpg this makes cooking pretty easy.

coachcornbread likes this.
  4. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

I'm betting the devil's blind snack is sunflower seeds.

cast&blast likes this.
  5. Allan

Allan Elite Refuge Member

Cooking where and how I hunt just isn't reasonable. Always pack a lunch. Favorite sammich: Country Ham, if you know what that is, followed by tuna, and PB&J is a staple. I bring enough for 2 days, never know when the tide will catch you. That, and friends often "forget" to bring food...one of those friends finally brought sandwiches one day, after eating about a hundred of mine. Liverworst. Azz!

6. Waterfoul chasers

Waterfoul chasers New Member

I have the same oven in my blind. Blueberry pancakes and duck or bear sausage.

7. bandcollector

bandcollector Elite Refuge Member

1 lb bacon throw biscuits in the grease and fry those as well, then a dozen eggs...... bacon grease fried biscuits are the bomb. :bow

8. CapnJim

CapnJim Refuge Member

possumfoot makes a GREAT breakfast on that stove.
    I can testify.

9. hunt'ngreen

hunt'ngreen Elite Refuge Member

:tu:tu
    We make them the w/ sausage, egg, cheese, bell pepper, onion, salsa , rolled up in a flour tortilla..wrapped in aluminum foil. Easy to heat over a small stove, gets your hands warm, easy handling, and clean up. Do the big breakfast too, when room permits, but the burrito's are about as easy as it gets.

10. Russnutt209

Russnutt209 Refuge Member

Black coffee and water. I don't eat until the drive home and if coming from the north I stop to get tacos and if I'm coming from the grasslands I get a burrito.