Favorite food in the blind ???

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by BADLARRY250, Aug 24, 2017.

1. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

I'm hip, and I've been there. Just different hunting conditions.

2. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

You have to love it when the tide says start your hunt at 4 pm and you're done before LST is over. We have misjudged the water a few times and spent part of the night on a beach with a fire eating oysters and mussels in the snow. Tough life isn't it? :l

blacktail likes this.
  3. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Ditto.

I do enjoy eating at Waffle House or breakfast diner after the hunt. Then a long nap. Then wake up and drink beer and watch college football.

I won't lie though, the honey buns fried in bacon grease the fella posted in the last food thread does have my interest piqued.

4. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

I will say this, the few times I do get to enjoy a homemade breakfast, this is the one. Bill hit the nail on the head.

5. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

Greasy burger from Virginia's cafe ( now closed), or Cloud's Country Store ( also now closed).

or

a thick slice of fried baloney on a homemade biscuit if I'm cooking in the blind.....

6. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Pretty much, it's every man for themselves. Flooded pasture hunting doesn't allow for too much cooking.
    One of the spots we hunt has a small country cafe about 2 miles away. They have the best dang tenderloin biscuit I've ever wrapped my lips around. It's a good biscuit and the tenderloin hangs about an inch off the sides. Whatever they dredge it in before frying is just about perfect. They quit cooking at 10 so if you're not there by then chances are they won't have any leftover. If you can hang 'til 11:30 they come out with lunch and most times have fried frog legs. Good groceries.

7. warrenwaterfowler

warrenwaterfowler Senior Refuge Member

When it starts getting cold we always do a hot breakfast after decoys are set and before shooting time. Eggs, hashbrowns, sausage cheese sandwiches stick to your ribs along with strong black coffee. A medium size cooler bag holds all the food, utensils, pans, paper plates, etc... i keep a fold up two burner camp stove on the boat.
    If i'm hunting around mid day or later i'll pack a thermos with hot soup or chili

8. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Clouds is closed? Dammit all!

9. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

Clouds, Virginia's, AND Cajun Reds are all closed. :cry

Pam Pam is closed , too. too many murders, I supposed.:yes

10. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member

Thick slice Garlic Bologna & cheese on WHITE bread w/mayo and if it's "deluxe" w/a dill pickle!