Favorite Upland Bird Gun...

Discussion in 'Upland Game Forum' started by jbrown, Dec 9, 2005.

1. weatherby

weatherby Moderator Moderator

Mine is a benelli montefeltro in 20 guage

2. GSP1

GSP1 Senior Refuge Member

upland my 20ga Ruger O/U

ducks 12ga Browning gold hunter

3. buddscreek

buddscreek Senior Refuge Member

lefever 16ga nitro special sxs. great quail gun when we had quail.

4. Soccer Dad

Soccer Dad Senior Refuge Member

I hope it is a Beretta Ultralight with 28" barrels.
    I just got it and haven't shot it. It is ULTRA LIGHT. I'll bet it kicks a little too.:yes

5. mod 12

mod 12 Senior Refuge Member

My favorite pheasant gun is a 12 ga. BSS and when I travel to Iowa I take that and my A-5 Light 12. I used to take a Model 12 with Cyclone Choke but it is now retired to the book shelf. I keep it beside the bed as my security blanket. I bought a ca. 1958 Model 12 that is like new and this past summer bought a solid ribbed barrel, with trap extention, Poly Choke, and a 1955 forearm assembly and will have that put together and fitted to the 1958 gun. It will be my back up gun for future hunts. When I motor to the midwest I usually carry a 1/2 dozen guns and usually just use two or three. When i fly I take two. It is a curse. I have more shotguns than I can use and not as many as I want.

I have a Ruger Red Label 20 ga. I use for quail/chukar and a B-325 for sporting clays and skeet. I also have a 3" A-5 that I've never shot and just got a Camo Lion for waterfowl. I love the Lion and will work that into pheasant hunting, too. The guy I bought it from is supposed to be getting me a slug barrel for it.

6. redlabel

redlabel New Member

Ruger Gold Label s x s

Before getting the gold label it was a King Nitro in 16 ga with exposed hammers for pheasants.

7. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Second vote for the Sweet 16...gun is really nice to carry all day and can knock down big pheasants nicley. Knock around lightweight woodsgun is the 11-48 remington in 16 ga, built on a 20 ga frame it's just as light as the Sweet 16 and does the same fine job.

8. L-I-B-MRDUCKS

L-I-B-MRDUCKS Senior Refuge Member

One of my favorites is a Browning Citori Superlite 20 ga. with 28" barrels and choke tubes. My wife gave me that gun several years ago. Lately I'm using my Benelli 12 ga. MF90 with 26" barrel for quail. The Birds here in Texas are on steroids or something of late. They flush wild and if not killed instantly are hard for the dog to find. Alas there are not that many birds either...

9. arrowhawk

arrowhawk Elite Refuge Member

When I had my GSP I loved pheasant hunting with my Browning Citori grade 3 with 26" barrels. The gun cradled well in my arm while carrying it and just shoulders and point like an extension of my arm.
    Woodcock it's a toss up between my 20 gauge beretta auto or 20 gauge franchi O/U

10. CNY hunter

CNY hunter Refuge Member

Ruger Red Label 20ga choked mod/imp is my grouse gun in good weather,but most of the time I carry a Verona 12ga O/U chokes imp/skt