Fenwick

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by bds6043, Jun 27, 2017.

1. bds6043

bds6043 Refuge Member

Shout out to Fenwick. Broke tip on a 2 year old walleye rod in Canada May 2017. Could not locate sales slip. New replacement sent no questions ask. bds6043

2. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

Good to know. I've bought 3-4 of their rods in the last year or 2 and was possibly looking at another. Seem to be good rods at a decent price.

3. mpkowal

mpkowal Senior Refuge Member

Great rods,I have a Fenwick rod that is 35 years old and still flawless.

4. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

Murphys law, broke one of mine today. Only 3 months old. Hopefully they will look out for me like they did you.

5. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Great company, but their new rods are not even in the same ballpark as their old rods, as far a quality control is concerned.
    I have a few of their rods that are 45+ years old, that I used growing up, that are still in great shape.
    Fenwick has replaced a Steelhead and a Salmon Mooching rod that I broke by throwing them around the boat or truck, and they only charged me shipping.:tu

6. Banded1

Banded1 Elite Refuge Member

I would say rod breaking is over 95% user error and I'm surprised rod manufacturers replace them as readily as they do. Most breaks are from hitting the blank with something and causing a slight fracture, making a weak spot, then it later breaks under load. The other is high sticking and over flexing the blank. Be very thankful for rod co's that replace them at low or no cost. It is almost never their responsibility for it breaking. I have been building my own rods for 35 years and have broken 2, both of which I knew were my fault.