Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Few more videos

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Drundel, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Drundel

Drundel Elite Refuge Member

2. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

You still need to adjust the camera/dot so we can figure out where you are shooting. Still nice to see the birds "close". I think the shotkam is a 20 degree FOV, so I imagine those birds were 30 yds or so??

3. Drundel

I tried adjusting it again last night. Most of the shots were under 30. I'm gonna try one more time and give up.

4. Pirogue

Pirogue Senior Refuge Member

Damn dude....that's painful to watch.

P

5. Allan

Allan Elite Refuge Member

I like your vids and would love to have one of those Shotkams, but it is really distracting to watch when that red dot doesn't line up. If it is that hard to get zeroed in it would be almost worthless.

6. Bug Doc

Bug Doc Elite Refuge Member

Dude, love the videos! However, it's really simple to get the red dot zeroed. Send me a PM if you can't figure it out. This is how it should look:

The red dot didn't shift on the last two shots - I just didn't keep my head on the stock and shot low. :doh

7. Drundel

I know how to zero it, I have the dot below the POI on purpose, I just have it a little too low. I can't adjust it and then go shoot in my backyard to fix it, so its sorta a guessing game.

Also I have the camera on the mag tube, so that really makes a little change at 10 yards turn into a big change at 30 yards. Sorta why lasers are worthless for pistols.

I'm gonna put it a little low at 25 yards and call it good.

8. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

Still shooting snows in Texas?

9. Bug Doc

Bug Doc Elite Refuge Member

Yeah, having it mounted on the mag tube would make the geometry more difficult.

I found when I used the manufacturers instructions and zeroed using a target across the room it caused the spot to be a bit high at normal shooting ranges, so I took it out to the range and zeroed it at 30 yards. That keeps the spot pretty close at all ranges.

Love the camera. Only problem is it's quite humbling - I never remember this many misses when I'm just going by memory. :nutz

10. no harm-no fowl

no harm-no fowl Senior Refuge Member

It would really help if he knew how to shoot. From watching the shot strings, he's not even close. He should go shoot some skeet. That would be my advise.