Final approach

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Minnesotaoutdoors, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Minnesotaoutdoors

Minnesotaoutdoors New Member

Whats everyone’s thoughts on the final approach livecraft decoys? Or even the older final approach goose decoys.

2. Mr.Bones

Mr.Bones New England Moderator Moderator

Own the older ones but with Rogers sale on the new ones (which I have a dozen), will add another. Like the new body/motion over the older ones but like the other mass produced decoys will have some flaws here and there but for the price/free shipping - pretty good deal in my opinion.

3. aecrowell

aecrowell Refuge Member

Rogers has the Big Foot B2 Fully Flocked 6 pack for the same price.

Which do you guys think is better?

4. NEwaterfolwer

NEwaterfolwer New Member

I just ordered 3 dozen of the Final Approach livecraft decoys. $130 for 6 with free shipping and no tax. Can't beat that. I will let you know what I think when I get my hands on them. Have heard good things though.

5. Minnesotaoutdoors

Minnesotaoutdoors New Member

Sounds good. Thank you!

6. NEwaterfolwer

NEwaterfolwer New Member

The next chore is to find some decoy bags for these. I want a 12 slotted bag. Rogers has one for $45 but the slots are 9in.x 9in. I would like to store them with the motion bases attached. I'm assuming I will need larger slots, but I will measure to be sure when I get them.

7. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

did Final Approach finally join the soft plastic/EVA market?

8. NEwaterfolwer

NEwaterfolwer New Member

9. NEwaterfolwer

NEwaterfolwer New Member

The shipment finally came in! Rogers is fast. Only took 4 days. I ordered 3 dozen FA Livecraft fullbodies. (18 feeders/12 walkers/6 sentries). I was a little nervous looking at the boxes b/c they were a little banged up from the shipping, but after opening and inspecting each I was very pleased. Only 2 or 3 had a couple dings in the paint. I would consider the qualify of the paint to be similar to the Avery GHG hunter series. Not similar in painting details, but similar in the quality of the paint itself. Yes, the paint is a little thin. Yes, you will have to baby these and store in individually slotted bags.

I love the bungee cord feet set up. They fit snug to the ring bases, and do allow for good movement back and forth. The only issue I have with the ring bases is that they sit low to the ground. I would like for the decoys to sit maybe 3-4 inches higher though. I plan on making my own stakes though that I can just push straight into the ground. Will be easy to weld something together to use early season or before the ground thaws.

The heads fit very snug to the body and lock into place very well. Don't see any issues with them at this point. They did come with screws in case you want to screw the heads into the body which was nice. I do plan on doing that after setting some different head positions.

Two out of the 36 decoys had a little lighter paint scheme on the back. I thought that was weird. I guess I'm ok with it though as it can add a little "uniqueness" to the spread.

Overall, I'm very happy with them and plan to get more when they go on sale again. Now I am hunting for bags to store them in.

10. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

NEwaterfolwer, are they hard plastic or soft plastic?