Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Final Attack Trailer

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by FowlRaider, Jan 8, 2019.

1. FowlRaider

FowlRaider New Member

I've got two Beavertail Final Attacks, and a 4x8 trailer and a truck. Looking for the best way to haul the Final Attacks with out stacking them on top of each other. I was thinking about mounting a set of kayak carriers on each side of the trailer and having the boats sit on their sides. or installing a truck bed roof rack on the trailer and laying them flat, one on the trailer and one on the rack on the trailer and using the bed of truck for the decoy sled and dog blind.

LETS SEE SOME PICS OF HOW YOU HAUL MULTIPLE FINAL ATTACKS!

2. darkvibe

darkvibe Senior Refuge Member

There were two for sale near me on a 2 place jet ski trailer. I think the listing said the trailer was modified to fit them. Seemed like a pretty ideal setup.

3. QuaaackerJack

QuaaackerJack Senior Refuge Member

I'll try to find pics later. We just angle them in the bed of the truck. Rear of the boat towards front of truck with the wheel over the side of the truck. Next one same angle, tailgate left open. Use ratchet straps to keep them secure. You will still have room for gear, outboard decoys etc. You won't want to stack if you have blinds on the boat beneath the other. We made quick release pins for the blind doors so that we simply take the doors off and can stack the other boat on top of it without anything being damaged. We just didn't feel like we would be as mobile as we wanted to be pulling a trailer around. With a truck we can get anywhere and everywhere we need to be.
    Good luck with your final attacks there are hundreds of mods you can do to make them even more efficient and more effective. The first and simplest one is to get a 9-foot paddle and follow that with an outboard or trolling motor.

4. FowlRaider

FowlRaider New Member

I like the idea of using just the truck with no trailer, but i have a decoy sled and momarsh invisalab that I will be bringing, and also the majority of the places I hunt have some sort of launch and are public drawing hunts, I already have one 55lb tm and the other guy will have his own tm. so the trailer is going to be used and will also work as a storage solution. ( maybe one day I will convert all my decoys to texas rig and just float them but I will still need the sled for the dogs hide and other oddities)

5. QuaaackerJack

QuaaackerJack Senior Refuge Member

In that application I would definitely say stacking flat as opposed to on edge would be your best bet. Don't know that you need a roof rack but if you can get one cheap that's great otherwise you can Fab one pretty easily out of some two-by-fours ratchet straps will keep them secured easily one easy thing that we did was put eye bolts in the front rope holes can use those for securing and also for pulling them around. I'll get a list of pics but I found all of my ideas right here on the Forum doing searches for hours and hours and hours there's Bunches of information good luck