Finally quit my job and moving back to the promised land

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by arkieduckwhacker, Dec 29, 2003.

1. arkieduckwhacker

arkieduckwhacker Senior Refuge Member

Hey guys!

I left NW Arkansas 5 years ago to go to work and school in Houston. Got a little closer to home 2 years ago when I moved to Fort Worth. Now I'm finally gonna get back home!

Told the bosses I'm leaving, started packing, asked the girlfriend in AR to marry me, registered to take the Arkansas Bar Exam, etc.

I've been trying to find a few ducks down here for the last few years and its been fun, but I missed those trips down to the river.

I am very excited to get back to the promised land and look forward to meeting a few of you. P.S. I've got a boat, RNT short barrel, lab and 870. Will travel.:rolleyes:

2. bignate

bignate Elite Refuge Member

Congrats...it's always nice to get back home. So I take it the girlfreind said yes? If so congrats....if not....quit stalking her:l

3. MALLARD MAGICIAN

MALLARD MAGICIAN Elite Refuge Member

If you think one of the promises of this land is ducks? That promise has been broken now for about 3 years.:( But the ducks is only one of many reasons you should come back home. Congrats and good luck on a great move, the coming marriage, and the big test.

4. arkieduckwhacker

Thanks guys! Ducks are important, very important, but not the most important thing in life.

Besides, a bad year in Arkie is still better than a good year where I've been hunting.

Went fishing on the river Friday and loaded up with 8 cats between 3-6 lbs. There's another good reason! Saw a few woodies and two small groups of mallards. Maybe things will improve.

And yes, the girlfriend is now a fiance.

5. arkieduckwhacker

While I've got your attention, any of you NW Arkansas boys have any info on retriever training clubs or just interested in getting together to work the dogs a little?

Joe is 10 months. Retrieved a few ducks for me this year. Not his fault, just didn't see many birds. Wouldn't mind pairing up with a few of you guys to give him some work. Maybe make a few friends along the way too if I'm lucky.:)

6. timber rat

timber rat Senior Refuge Member

Bar Exam!! Does that mean you're gonna be a lawyer? Maybe you'd be better off to just stay in Texas!!. Or on the other hand, maybe you're reading up on the Old MR. Boston Bartenders Guide before your BAR exam, in that case, welcome back.:D

7. arkieduckwhacker

Hey Timber Rat,

gotcha covered on both ends. I am a lawyer whose been practicing in Texas for a few years (probably shouldn't have let that one slip). But I also bartended in Fayetteville during my college years.

Just what you needed, a bartender/lawyer in your duck blind!

8. RKS

RKS Elite Refuge Member

Bartender and a lawyer this guy could solve the worlds problems!:l

Good luck on the exam!

9. Slew

Slew Elite Refuge Member

heck yeah! Bail em out or get em drunk!!!

Slew:l

I'd go back to the promise land too for one more trip if there was any ducks.:(

Its about time to start dustin coyotes and flippin a jig...

Slew:)

10. olduckhunter

olduckhunter Elite Refuge Member

write this down,

marriage is the first step towards divorce.

olduckhunter