Finally

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by BangingBirds, Apr 26, 2016.

1. BangingBirds

BangingBirds Senior Refuge Member

Well, the last 5 weeks hasn't short of exercise that's for sure. My son and I logged about 30 hiking miles scouting and hunting. Made a lot of great memories camping, hiking, and talking together. He even re-scouted some of the areas on his own closure to our hunts. The pictures are from 2 different areas we hunted in the Sierra foothills. On several occasions, I had called in mature Tom's to about 60 yds and couldn't close the deal. Not the 1st time or last that will happen. Finally got him his 1st bird and proud of him. The Jake was just icing on the cake for time well spent with my boy:tu:yes:tu
    Daughtery Hill Turkey Hunt 2016.JPG

big chico 04242016.jpg

2. JuvieCoot

JuvieCoot Elite Refuge Member

Good stuff. Good eats:tu

3. soiltester

soiltester Elite Refuge Member

That's making things happen .. congrats :tu

4. marsh-mello

marsh-mello Elite Refuge Member

Nice to meet you and your boy this season I hope some advice I gave helped some. Although no matter what anyone can say to help you, you have to put plans into actions and make your own decisions once the boots hit the ground. Public land birds are tough and it looks like you two were more than up to the task.

Those are some great pictures and I bet some even better memories. Glad to see you two smiling and happy with a bird. You definitely worked for them, put in your time and miles which payed off. Don't worry about those big boys that got away they will be there for you next year walking backwards so they don't trip and they will never see you coming! HA ha! In addition you have experience to build on even more which cannot be garnered any other way. Congratulations to the whole family!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  5. BangingBirds

BangingBirds Senior Refuge Member

Thanks Ray for the help, kind words, and it was our pleasure meeting you as well!!! At the end of the day, advice, persistence, and the willingness not throw in the towel paid out. Did you notice the Ray special hen decoy in the pic? Your right, we have a couple really good spots to hunt next year too. Public land hunting in CA is tuff:eek: Hopefully, we will catch you in duck season.

Take care-Steve

marsh-mello likes this.