Finger Guard?

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by fultz, Aug 2, 2016.

1. fultz

fultz Senior Refuge Member

Looking through the new Mack's catalog and saw these rubber finger guards. I've met a few guys at the ramp that could use one of these. Not sure if they could afford one though with all their gynecological bills and feminine hygiene products they must be buying for themselves...
    http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-BF100GUARD

2. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

I am not surprised at all.

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

What's it for? To put between your finger and the trigger? I'm confused...

4. bustinducks22

bustinducks22 Refuge Member

I used a Remington 870 a couple years ago and the factory camo job on it combined with it getting a little wet would PUNISH your damn finger. I sold that gun and still have a swollen middle finger to show for it. I sold that gun to a buddy after he made fun of me for being a vajayjay, and after a couple of duck hunts with it he retired it to a turkey gun with a pistol grip...

5. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

A few specific guns, especially a couple of new "b" gun models, are notorious for chewing up the finger closest to the trigger guard. I've hunted with guys who were bleeding every hunt and bandaging and taping in hopes of preventing it every morning. My solution would be to get rid of the gun since there are approximately 50-11 gun models which won't do it.

6. smashdn

smashdn Elite Refuge Member

Had to trim with a knife a bit on the trigger guard of my M2. Just a little burr of plastic where the guard meets the wrist in the buttstock.

7. mojo1

mojo1 Elite Refuge Member

Ive saw those, but I'm with Cooksey, I would most likely scrap the gun. Now I do have a family keepsake gun that kills your finger. its an old European S x S with double triggers. Its hell on your finger, but since I rarely fire it anymore, its no big deal. I just use black electrical tape to pad my finger.

8. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

I think I figured out the finger guard thingy. It is for the newbies at the boat ramp that are playing switch so they don't go to deep on each other while waiting on the ramp to open. They are new and may not know that you do not go past the second joint.

9. JHerr

JHerr Elite Refuge Member

Buy 4 of them and they double as brass knuckles in case you have someone crowding your spot or crossways on the launch.

10. Chicken

Chicken Elite Refuge Member

RBA certified right there son