Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Finisher on snows?

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Drundel, Nov 1, 2017.

1. cs

cs Elite Refuge Member

giving it as a gift to someone that has everything does sound like a good idea though

2. Geez n Quackers

Geez n Quackers Senior Refuge Member

This is a simple product and so much more humane than neck wringing. You can use a knife. Just more risk to your own hand!

3. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

Why do I have a feeling that people saying more Humane than that ringing the neck are the same ones I always watch who have absolutely no clue how to do it properly! If your spinning the bird more then one turn or longer then 2 seconds your doing it wrong! If done right it takes less then a full turn and around one second and is as humane as it gets. And like was said why would you pay for something that you could literally go to your toolbox and find an easy replacement for. Paying $15 for something that's pointy seems a little stupid.

theduckguru likes this.
  4. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

I bought 1 of the "seconds" for about $8.00. Yep, it worked. Unless you are saving a bird to mount or your kill picture needs to look pristine, ringing their neck(done correctly), IMO , is just as humane and easier than having to use both hands to kill the bird, to keep it close by and easy to get to.

5. Geez n Quackers

Geez n Quackers Senior Refuge Member

I have no idea why you have that feeling Dean. I guess in your infinite wisdom you just can't help but speculate on things that you really don't know. Given that I do know you can turn a birds head without even spinning it, give it a quick jerk and pop it's neck, I still know a quick stick to the brain is the quickest and most foolproof for most hunters, therefore, the most humane. And lack of being humane is one of my biggest peeves I have with some I have hunted with. Though typically only once. This little device does it well and is easy to keep on a lanyard.

6. marsh man dan

marsh man dan Elite Refuge Member

I have also wasted way more money on useless things than what this useful tool cost

7. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

Yeah so is an allen wrench!